CHAPTER FIFTY

DILTON was waiting for her as soon as she walked into the Bijou.

The familiar scent of buttery popcorn and sticky candy usually put Becca at ease, reminding her of better times. Now, however, it made her want to throw up.

The girl crossed the red velvet carpets of the lobby, thankful that it was virtually deserted at eight o'clock on a Tuesday night. Dilton watched her with his piercing dark eyes, following her every step and making her extremely uncomfortable. As she approached him, she slowed down, almost weary at what he was going to say or do.

"Hello, darling," He greeted her, that sick smile on his face. Though this time it seemed...sad.

Becca resisted the urge to roll her eyes, "Hi Dilton. What do you want?"

He sighed, looking down at the ground and shaking his head.

"I'm sure you'll be delighted to hear this," He began, watching as her expression became confused, "I'm ending our little deal."

Wait, what?

Totally not what she had been expecting.

Becca blinked a couple of times, not quite processing what he said.

"You're...I...We don't have to go on dates anymore?" Becca finally stuttered out.

"Is that regret I hear?" He asked eagerly, a hint of hope in his eyes.

Her hazel orbs narrowed as she spat, "No, of course not. I'm just...curious as to why you're ending it. I obviously don't like you and I thought that was the point of all of this, to make me like you."

"It was," Dilton replied in a defeated tone, "But I see now that we might not be compatible after all."

"Oh really?" She retorted sarcastically, crossing her arms.

"Yes, really," He didn't comment on her obviously biting tone, "So, I think it's in both of our best interests if we stop doing this altogether."

Becca snorted, "Well you don't have to tell me twice. But what about those pictures, the video, the audio recordings?"

"As per our agreement, I will delete all copies I have off everything they're on. Boy Scout's honor," He put his hand up as a mock salute.

"And how do I know you're not lying?" She pressed. Becca knew this was too good to be true. No way he would just let her off with a sad smile and nice promises. And yet...she couldn't deny her heart fluttered at the chance to get out of this nightmare. No more lying, no more manipulating, everything would be okay again. Well, about as okay as it could get.

"I'll send you a video of me deleting everything, including off of my phone as well," He replied easily, "I always keep my promises, especially on a Boy Scout's honor."

There was little she could do until he sent her that video. So, for now, she'd take the out he was giving her. If it ended up being a ruse, well then it had only been a matter of time before he sent those pictures and videos anyway. At least she didn't have to see his weasel face anymore.

"Done," She said shortly, "And after you send me those videos, you delete my number too. I don't want any more text messages from you."

"Of course," He put his hands up, "Whatever you want, Becca."

"Good, then I guess we're done here," She turned around to leave, looking at the door with a hopeful heart.

"Oh, wait Becca," He called, and she whipped around again wearily, "One more thing."