CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX

"BECCA!" Betty's panicked voice startled the dark-haired girl at her locker. Becca clutched a hand to her chest in surprise before narrowing her eyes at Betty with irritation.

"Jesus blondie, next time-"

"You're gonna want to see this," The Cooper girl interrupted her, shoving her phone in to her pale face.

"What? What are you talking about?" She asked, her dark eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

Her hazel eyes finally looked down at the video in hand and as Betty pressed the play button, Becca felt her heart stop and blood run cold.

It was the clip that Jughead had accidentally filmed of her and Sweet Pea in the control booth on the musical's opening night. She watched in horror as the two of them continued kissing before suddenly jumping apart when Jughead barged in on them. The video ended after Sweet Pea slammed the door in his face. Whoever uploaded it had titled the clip 'SERPENT SLUT' in big, bold letters.

"Where did you find this?" Becca looked up frantically.

"It's on some video website, someone must have leaked it from Jug's footage that he gave Sheriff Minetta," Betty explained, looking worriedly at her friend.

If it was all over the internet, that meant it was only a matter of time before Reggie saw it. A surge of panic ripped through her and for a moment, she thought she might collapse under the overwhelming weight of it. But now was not the time for that. She needed to clean up this mess and fast.

"We need to find Sweet Pea, now," She said in an urgent, but collected voice, giving Betty back her phone and sprinting down the hallways.

The blonde-haired girl followed her, wary of the disgusted looks people were now giving the pair.

"I haven't seen him today, so maybe he stayed home?" Betty was trying to be optimistic.

"If Reggie and the Bulldogs get ahold of him, he's dead," She said gravely, her eyes searching everywhere for the tall Serpent.

Betty winced slightly at her words, but she knew Becca wasn't exaggerating. Reggie had prided himself on 'protecting' his little sister from 'those disgusting snakes', even though she had never needed nor wanted it. And now that he had failed, he'd be out for blood.

Sweet Pea's blood.

"Then this may not be the best time to tell you, but they're probably looking for Fangs too," Betty said nervously as Becca suddenly spun around to face her.

"What, why?" Her eyes widened.

"Another video was leaked from Jug's camera on to the Register's website. He was the Serpent that was hooking up with Midge," She explained, breathing heavily.

"Oh no, Betty, this is bad. This is really bad," Becca felt like she was on the verge of another panic attack. First Sweet Pea, and now Fangs? Her brother was going to have a field day with this.

Just as the two of them rounded a corner, they crashed straight in to Jughead, Toni, and Fangs.

"What the hell?!" Fangs asked with a panicked look in his eyes, "That video's everywhere! How did it get out?"

Jughead clutched his shoulders with urgency, "We have to get you out of here, alright?"

"Where's Sweet Pea?" Becca interrupted them.

"He's not at school today. He skipped to grab a shift at the Wyrm," Toni quickly explained.

The dark-haired girl let out a small sigh of relief, a weight lifting off her shoulders. They still had Fangs to worry about, but at least she didn't have to stop Reggie from killing both of them.