CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

"FRIENDS," Veronica stood up from her chair in the common room, looking around at everyone sitting by her, "I have an exciting announcement to make."

Becca and Kevin's conversation was cut short as they turned to look at the raven-haired girl.

"I'm running for student council president," Her smile dropped suddenly, "against Reggie 'the Misogynist' Mantle. No offense Becca."

She shook her head, waving her off, "None taken. Just glad someone shut him up and sorry it wasn't me."

"You've gotta be kidding me," Jughead muttered under his breath.

"If yesterday's dramatic events taught me anything," She sighed, ignoring Jughead's comment, "It's that Veronica Lodge is not a victim. Nor will she ever allow herself to be one."

"Your parents are taking over Riverdale," Jughead burst out with a glare, "And now you wanna take over our school? So, what's this? Part of mommy and daddy's evil bidding?"

"Jug I get that you're in a bad mood because you haven't eaten," Archie shot back as Jughead rolled his eyes.

"Actually Jughead," Veronica arched an eyebrow, "My parents think that I should avoid the spotlight. But I was born for elected office."

"V," Betty grinned, "If you want to be president, you've got our vote."

"Yeah Team Ronnie all the way," Archie smiled.

"Oh, what the hell," Becca threw her hands up, "It's not like my brother would be any better. In fact, if you beat him, milkshakes all around on me."

Veronica smirked before turning to Betty, "B? As the Thelma to my Louise, I can't imagine doing this with anyone else. Will you be my running mate?"

Betty grinned happily as Jughead sat his glass of water down with an irritated thud.

"Of course, V! I'd be honored!" The two squeezed each other's hands happily.

"Amazing!" Veronica smiled proudly, "B and V, now that's a team you can believe in!"

---

The next day, Becca found herself in the same janitor's closet as before, in almost the exact same position as before as well. Both her and Sweet Pea had taken 'bathroom breaks' in their respective classes to come spend some quality time with each other, as well as the dirty mops and buckets.

"We should probably get back to class," She finally pulled herself away from his lips, breathing heavily.

Sweet Pea only considered this for a moment before saying dismissively, "Nah" and reattaching himself to her lips. They melted against each other, memorizing the other's curves and dips, at least what could be memorized with clothes on.

Sweet Pea's lips pulled away from Becca's before trailing kisses down her jaw line and eventually down her neck as well. His teeth grazed over a sensitive spot, just below her ear and she shuddered involuntarily against him. Becca could practically feel the smirk on her skin as he attached his lips there, biting softly on the skin.

Her nails dug into the back of his flannel shirt and she couldn't stop herself from making a tiny sound of appreciation.

"You better not leave a mark flower boy," She whispered in his ear, which only seemed to fuel him more.

He chuckled darkly, "You'd like that wouldn't you?"

Becca felt the blood rush to her cheeks as her heart rate sped up.

Now, why did he have to go and say stuff like that?

He released his lips from her neck, leaning back ever so slightly to see her reaction with a smug look on his face. A small frown appeared on her features at the loss of contact on her neck. Becca slipped off the counter she had been sitting on, smoothing her sweater and skirt.