CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

OUTSIDE, the thunderstorm raged on. Rain pounded against Sweet Pea's trailer, causing harsh metallic patters and thunder rumbled without any sign of letting up.

But inside, all was peaceful.

"What are you thinking about?" His voice asked softly, bringing Becca out of her thoughts.

The two of them were currently nestled in Sweet Pea's bed, the patchwork blankets pulled up around Becca's chest while her head laid comfortably in the crook of his neck. He trailed his fingertips softly along the side of her exposed arm before pulling her even closer to him.

Becca turned her head to look up at him, their eyes meeting briefly before he reached out and ran his fingers through her dark hair. No doubt she probably looked like a mess from their previous activities, a thin layer of sweat still coating her body and her locks messily fanned out across his pillow. To Sweet Pea though, she looked like an angel. Her skin practically glowing, her hazel eyes bright, and the beginnings of a smile on her lips.

For a moment, he felt like he was floating on clouds. Everything was perfect, too perfect to be real.

But then Becca craned her neck up and their lips met, and he was brought back down to Earth.

"Nothing, really," She finally answered as she pulled away slightly, "Just...thinking."

"Well, hopefully it's about something good," Sweet Pea smirked, shooting her a cocky grin.

There was an underlying insecurity in his tone though, as if he was posing a genuine question to her. He had certainly enjoyed it, and by the looks (and sound) of it, so had she. But sometimes looks could be deceiving. Sweet Pea had never bothered to ask any of the other girls he'd been with if they'd enjoyed it, not because he didn't care, but because there wasn't much conversation afterwards. This was his first time dealing with pillow talk, and needless to say, he was out of his element.

Becca rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless, "Yes, something very good."

She chuckled as he grinned, the rest of his insecurity leaving him at her response. Sweet Pea relaxed slightly next to her, pulling her back into his arms as they both laughed. Their laughter was reckless, completely devoid of any expectations or obstacles, just pure, unbridled glee. The kind of laughter that comes along after a successful act of rebellion. And that's what they were, Becca supposed, an act of rebellion.

Riding on that high, she sat up and stretched slightly. Sweet Pea watched her as she shrugged the blanket off and picked up her discarded light blue panties, his eyes never leaving her naked form. Becca found his red flannel crumpled into a heap on his floor and smirked. She picked it up, putting the shirt on and buttoning it up halfway. The fabric hung on her like a dress and she had to roll up the sleeves to her wrists.

The girl turned around and Sweet Pea's eyes darkened, raking over every detail of her figure.

Becca winked, "I think I need a snack."

Then, she turned and left the room, venturing into his kitchen in search of food. He bit his lip harshly, the beginnings of a smirk forming on his face before he practically threw the blankets off and stumbled into a pair of dark boxers. When Sweet Pea entered the kitchen, he found Becca sitting on the counter, her pale feet dangling a few inches from the floor and half of a pomegranate in her right hand.

"You like pomegranates?" She asked curiously, cocking her head to the side as he walked up to her.

He put a hand on either side of her hips, trapping her between him and the cabinets. Her legs instinctively hooked themselves at the ankles around his waist, pulling him closer.