CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"IT felt so good Betty. It's like," Kevin waved his hands around, "yeah Archie, you have the physique of a 1970's porn star, but that doesn't mean you can wrestle."

"Woah, woah wait," Becca interrupted him, "Archie's trying out for the wrestling team?"

"Yeah, said he wanted to try something new this year," Kevin raised his eyebrows and lowered his voice suddenly, "But if you ask me, it's probably just to impress Veronica's dad."

The three of them, Becca, Betty, and Kevin, were currently in the Blue and Gold's office before school the next day. Kevin had wanted to make sure Betty was okay after last night's 'Chic surprise'.

"Speaking of porn stars," Betty said with a pointed look at the two of them.

Kevin smirked, "Did you get lost down a webcam rabbit hole last night?"

"It's..." Betty seemed to be trying to find the right word, "Fascinating."

Becca crossed her arms, "I don't think fascinating is really the word I'd use to describe your little situation."

Betty shrugged as if she agreed with what Becca had said.

"I brought Chic home to help my mom, without knowing who he was. And now to find out he's actually multiple people...performing online? How do I broach that with him? Do I broach that with him?" She looked to be at a loss for words.

Becca was about to give her some life-saving advice, before a knock interrupted their conversation. Three pairs of eyes turned to see Jughead in the doorway.

"Hey, am I interrupting something?" He asked.

"Yeah, kind of-"

"No," Betty was quick to cut off Kevin and Becca glanced at her with a questioning look.

"I just wanted to run some stuff by you, but I can come back," Jughead offered.

"Nah, nah it's fine. We were just leaving," Kevin looked to Becca for her agreement.

"Uh, yeah I've got stuff to do anyway," She shrugged, "Getting ready for Pickens' Day and whatnot."

Since Mantle's Automotives was a sponsor of the celebration, along with Andrews Construction and Lodge Industries, her father had wanted her to look her nicest for the festival. She was supposed to go shopping with her mother after Reggie's open practice today to find a 'suitable' new outfit for the occasion. If it had been up to her though, she would've just gone in an oversized sweater and some jeans.

"Actually Becca, I'm writing something on Pickens' Day for the Blue and Gold," Jughead stopped her, "a little exposé, if you will. And I was wondering if I could get a quote from your dad, you know since he's helping to sponsor the event with Lodge Industries."

"Unfortunately, Jughead," Becca eyed him carefully, "Even if I could get you in to see my father, he wouldn't want to talk to you. At all."

"And why's that?" Jughead crossed his arms.

Becca made a pointed look at his 'S' t-shirt that he wore. Even though Weatherbee didn't realize it stood for the Southside Serpents, Becca knew better. Jughead seemed to get the message as his face lit up in understanding.

"Ah, I see," He nodded, his lips pressed together in a straight line.

"Yeah..." Becca offered him a half-hearted smile, "See you around though."

With that, her and Kevin left heading towards Chemistry. On her way out though, she grabbed a copy of the latest edition of the Blue and Gold, thumbing through the pages until she found Kevin's new gossip column.