Chapter 27 At peace

A month passed since the news of Leo and Jas waiting for a child, everyone was excited about it as Jas rested, she was tired so Leo watched over her as she slept, it was a natural thing to happen as Donnie explained, with the baby growing inside of her she needed plenty of rest when needed making Leo watch over her each time as he didn't want to leave her alone for he wanted to be there if she needed something when she would wake up later on in the day, at the moment Leo was watching over her as she slept that morning making him wait for her to get breakfast as he had already done his morning training.

"Shouldn't you bring her something to eat? So when she wakes up food would be there for her?" Donnie asked making Leo turn to his brother who was peeking into the room from the wide open door at the moment, Leo felt like the room was getting warm so he decided to open the door to let some air in but instead let his brother in "I'm not sure she'll wake up today" Leo explained as Donnie walked into the room "For the last few days she sleeps longer than the last" Leo explained making Donnie make a quick examination on her health "She seems fine, it might be that she's having a slight hard time sleeping for a while and her body is getting her to catch up on that sleep" Donnie explained making Leo nod.

"Let's get her something to eat, when she wakes up i'll examine her and see what's making her unable to sleep until she gets in bed for hours during the day" Donnie explained making Leo smile and then his brother for the kind gesture he was making for Jas at the moment, he wanted to make sure she was fine with the baby on the way and all so he hoped she was fine from anything bad at the moment, they all wanted Jas to be alright and for the baby to be healthy so of course they were all worried for them both "Everything OK you two?" Mikey asked as he watched the two walk into the kitchen "Were just wondering what's making Jas sleep so long at the moment" Donnie explained as Raph looked at them "She studies" he said making them all look at him.

"I see her look in the library for books about pregnancy, I thinks it's so she knows what to do later on. But I always see her walking back to your room almost half asleep" Raph further explained as Leo realized this, the library had been for a few days with books on the ground so at least now they knew it was Jas doing this from the very start "I'll look things up for Jas so to help her understand what to do" Donnie explained as he then walked out to get to work on his new task as Leo helped Mikey make something for them to eat with something for Jas at the moment making him thank his brother's for the help and then walk back to his room to seeing Jas sitting up and rubbing her eyes a bit.

"You sleep well?" Leo asked making Jas look to him and nod, he moved to set the tray down and then sat down at the edge of the bed making him smile as Jas nuzzled him gently "Looks like your doing well today" he then said making her smile to him sweetly as she then saw the food making him take hold of the juice for her to drink first and then handed her the plate of toast making her eat them slowly so to be careful not to rush in anything "Are you well enough to get up?" he then asked making her nod as she sat up and then walked towards the closet to pick something out for her to wear for the day "Let me help" Leo said as he picked for her an ocean style kimono for her to wear.

Once dressed the two took the dishes to the kitchen and then walked around the building to simply do something at some point together "How about we go to the dojo? My brother's should be training right now" Leo said making her nod as she followed him to the dojo where the sound of his brother's grunts could be well heard at the moment, Jas went to peek into the room simply to see what they were doing as she watched them battle one another all together "Training?" she asked making Leo look "Sparring match. It's a simple training battle we do at times together or all against each other" Leo explained making Jas then turn back to his brother's who were fighting at the moment.

She had watched her sister's do the very same thing at times as she was cleaning up the lair, she wasn't allowed into the dojo but she always peeked inside when she was cleaning the kitchen at the time, as she watched she would wonder what they were doing but would then get back to work on her tasks while not asking or trying to figure anything out at the time "Let's go cook diner" Leo said making Jas smile and nod as the two went to work in the kitchen together on diner so that once the others were done the meal would be ready for them to enjoy with them, Leo looked through the cookbook while Jas looked around for the ingredients they had on hand to see what they could make at the moment "Ah!! Dumplings!!" she said making Leo turn to her and smile "Guess were making dumplings then" he said making her smile and nod as they got to work and as they were serving everything the others had come inside to eat diner making Jasmine smile to them all as they began to eat.