Chapter 1: My Dad's Final Decision

This is so not how I expected my night to go. All hopes of a breathtakingly, mind-blowingly, hilariously fun night were flushed down the drain as soon as we heard the sirens. 'It will be fun' they said, 'it will be easy' they said, 'we won't get caught' they said. Well guess what? All of the above proved FALSE. Now I am in one big fat mess, and to top it all off, when I was sprinting for my goddamn life, I dropped my Huda Beauty lipstick! That shit costs dollars I tell you.

Humans are strange creatures. They each have the world at their fingertips; the power to make real, fruitful change, and yet most of them simply... exist. As I am part human, I guess I cannot really make such profound comments about my race, as I follow them in their fruitless wanderings trying to be accepted into their groups. I may have many friends, and am viewed as picture-perfectly beautiful (thanks mum), but I never have a true sense of belonging anywhere. When I am with the humans, I often find them boring and unimaginative, as my mind is so much more complex and developed then theirs. But with Were's, I am viewed as a strange being by nature, not possessing a wolf of my own but not being entirely human either. I am in the grey area, and the problem with that is when people are unable to determine what something is, they brand it as abnormal and something to shy away from.

Whilst humans worship me for my looks, were's avoid me in confusion as to what I am. Thankfully, I do not really see many werewolves anyway, as they all attend high school privately, learning how to control their wolves, otherwise that would be awkward and I would be a complete social outcast. In grade school, I was good friends with a Were, until her parents banned her from speaking to me. After that thrilling encounter, my mother showed me how to mask my unusual, powerful scent, and make myself seem like a normal human. For the most part I do not get as many disgusted, confused or interested glares from Were's anymore, but I always attract attention everywhere I go.

Sighing, I return my attention back to my current predicament. A jail cell. Regina and Sara had the brilliant idea of stealing alcohol before we attended Brock Manson's 'be–there–or–die' party. Regina has ultra rich surgeon parents so she could easily nick some from their marvellous wine cellar (no I'm not kidding, they literally have a basement full of expensive alcohol), but she loves the thrill of engaging in illegal activities. There is also the tiny problem of all of us being under age... Anyhow, it was all going swimmingly well until out of nowhere a man the size of a building tackled us to the ground. I did not even have any alcohol on me, but I was arrested for 'assisting crime'. I could have easily escaped the mans grip, and disappeared before he could even comprehend that I had vanished like a puff of smoke, but that would mean leaving my friends behind... and I am not a back stabbing bitch (usually), and Goddess knows how long these girls can hold grudges for. They would probably have pushed me in the deep end anyway, telling the police my name during their interrogation. One thing with humans is that they are not very loyal creatures, and easily push others under the bus to save themselves without a second thought.