Chapter 14: The Owner of the Palace

Holy sheesh kebab. This is not a mansion. This is a freaking palace! If I were in some kind of cartoon program right now, love hearts and golden stars would be springing out of my eyes. The palace is an old country mansion that looks to have been extended over the centuries. It has two sides around a central quadrangle and what looks to be over one hundred rooms. It must take a small army of maids to upkeep such a large abode, and I bet most of the rooms are never used. The palace must be a status symbol, as it sets the Lycans above the peasant wolves and humans, a personification for their very being; separate, regal, superior and untouchable.

The sculptures in front of the palace look as though masters of the craft had made them long ago. They are set on pedestals amid the water of the fountains and the perfectly manicured hedges that look like different animals. The walls are a white stone that glistens in the fading sun and the roof is grey slate. An open porch at the front holds up ostentatiously detailed pillars, painted in brilliant white. It is so beautiful, so expensive. It must have cost more money then I have ever touched in my life!

I could most definitely live here.

"Welcome to our humble abode." Ana giggles. I almost laugh at her use of 'humble'.

Entering into the house, it only gets better. Everything has been meticulously chosen for each room, meaning it is spotless and perfect to the eye. It has a majestic, yet modern touch. Inside there are no doors, only high arches, each decorated with glossy wood coatings. Tammy, Brad and I drag our star-struck asses into the living room, where the person 'he-who-shall-not-be-named' was eating with at the restaurant is sprawled out ungracefully on the designer white leather couch, and the single girl with the most striking dark skin is tinkering on the grand piano.

"Phoebe, Tammy and Brad, this is Vincent and Jacinda! Vincent and Jacinda, these are the lovely Phoebe, Tammy and Brad, who will be staying with us for a while!" Ana chirps.

"Hi guys." Tammy, Brad and I respectfully nod at them.

"Vincent and Jacinda are long time guests of my brother and I, looking for their erasthai's. Unfortunately, Vincent always has his winkleberry too far down some hussy's throat to actually make a conscientious effort." She explains, glaring at Vincent.

"Oh, Annie darling do give me a break." He jokes with her, rolling his eyes.

"What's a winkleberry?" Tammy asks, in which everyone but her and Ana laugh at.

"Ana has this issue where she won't swear or say anything remotely rude, so she has decided to call a cock a winkleberry." Vincent shrugs. "Anyway, hello darling, I believe I've seen you before." Vincent chuckles as he winks at me.

"Hello Vincent, yes I've seen you around." I respond as I formally shake his hand, to which he cocks his eyebrow at.

"Alex is right; you are different to the rest." He shakes his head in disbelief.