Chapter 23 - A Threat that Requires a Bodyguard

"So, did you have fun Wednesday night?" Celestrina asks, wiggling her ridiculous looking thick eyebrows at me

"What do you mean?" I groan. My whole life has been positively ruined by the revelations I found out on Wednesday. I seriously had to take a whole day off school yesterday just to try to sleep some of the confusion off. And the hangover.

"Well, there was a rumour going round that you left the party with Alex Wield! Also you didn't come in yesterday, so I'm guessing you were up late having a lot of fun?" Celestrina giggles, winking at me.

"Is there something going on between you two?" Minnie asks excitedly.

"Oh please say there is, it would be a crime for you two perfect looking people not to get together!" Celestrina exclaims, bounding up and down excitedly.

Where does she get her energy from? I know that it's Friday, but I feel positively drained, as though some blood sucking microbe sucked all of my energy out.

"There's nothing between us." I mutter, unable to deal with this today.

"Oh come on, you're always looking at each other like love sick puppies!" Celestrina exclaims.

"Yeah, emphasis on loooove." Minnie giggles.

I like to think of myself as quite an understanding, patient person, but not today. Mama woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"There's nothing going on between us for goddess's sake, stop going on you're becoming bothersome!" I snap.

The atmosphere in the room falls dead with my bitchy rant. Shit, this is why I should not have come in today! It is easy to do permanent damage when you are temporarily angry.

"I'm sorry guys. I am afraid I am not going to be a lot of fun today... The situation with Alex and I is... unclear at best and I do not want to talk about it. I'm sorry I snapped though, it was mean of me." I relent.

"It's ok Phoebe, no worries. Sorry to have pushed you." Minnie smiles softly, whilst rubbing my arm.

"Yeah its fine, I get you don't want to talk about it. It's the same with me and Tristan." Celestrina shrugs, not looking too bothered, before proceeding to ramble on about her non-existent relationship.

My eyes wonder around the dining hall until they connect with a deadly ocean, threatening to pull me back in and then spit me back out when it's bored. Alex. He cannot even talk to me after sharing a life-altering kiss with me, but can repeatedly stare at me, using me like a toy when he feels I am worthy enough. I am sick of these games! My mouth turns into a deep frown as I rip my eyes from his, determined not to give him any more attention. Jerk! Bastard! Dickhead! Cocksucker!

I am busy throwing insults at Alex in my mind, when Celestrina stops talking (thank the lord) and gasps at something behind me. Turning around, I too am in shock when I see Spencer coming towards us, looking like a walking corpse, her sights set on me. Oh my goddess, is she ok? How is she sane after her mate has been taken?