Chapter 43 - Transforming Into The Luna

My eyes are suddenly open though I can't think of why; my heart is pounding, mind empty. It's as if a hypodermic of adrenaline has been emptied into my carotid. I strain into the utter darkness; my breathing rate increased ten fold. There is something inside of me, straining to burst out. Ghostly whispers in my ear urge me to get outside, to be in sight of the moon. At this point, I am panting, and drizzled in sweat. I vaguely hear Alex awake from beside me as I stumble out of the bed and tumble to the floor, my sight blurry. Alex murmurs from behind me as I rush unsteadily to the window, something pulsing, trying to rip out of my chest.

Feeling like I can't breathe, I use my remaining strength to smash out of the window, and tumble into the garden below. I feel something snap as I land with a thud on the floor, momentarily stunning me, but I don't register the pain, too preoccupied with whatever is clawing around inside of me. There is a roar before a thud reverberates through the ground next to me. I'm then pulled into my mate's arms, his scent calming me slightly, before I let out a guttural scream, feeling my bones crack and stretch under my skin. I shake, screaming through the pain, feeling my body changing shape. Looking down I see my body is morphing; tufts of white fur are bursting out of me, paws and sharp claws have replaced my hands, and my chest is rapidly expanding. I let out a howl as another wave of pain ascends from my back, and then... relief. I push away from my mate and land on my stomach, wheezing from exhaustion.

After a few minutes of Alex soothing me, and me catching my breath, getting used to the pain of being ripped apart then stuck back together again, I crawl towards the pool, not to far away. My hands are gone, soft white paws and dangerous claws in their place, and my sight and smell is exceptionally better; I am better.

I'm who I'm meant to be.

A lycan.

I wondered how long it would take after I mated to transform. Finally reaching the waters edge, I lean over and gasp as I glance at myself. I'm beautifully destructive. My eyes glow golden in the dark night, and my ethereal pearl-like fur ruffles in the wind. Twisting my head to look at Alex, I find him on his knees, looking at me in awe. Struggling slightly, I manage to stand, collapsing into Alex's awaiting arms. He's so delicious... I think as I run my nose across his neck and cheek, and I give him a playful lick. Mine!

"You're beautiful my queen..." He whispers into the night, caressing my fur.

Noticing his nakedness, I growl at the thought of anyone else seeing him like this, and nudge him with my nose, demanding him to shift. When he gets the message, I sit back and enjoy the show, once again reminded with how glorious my mate truly is, the moonlight reflecting off him. It only takes Alex a couple of minutes to transform; as his body is so used to doing it by now, it is practically painless for him. Once he is in his Lycan form, standing in all his midnight glory, he lunges towards me, whimpering into my neck. In our lycan forms, I can almost feel his emotions, his terror as I jumped through a window screaming in pain, and his relief that I was only shifting. I can also feel his strong, unconquerable love for me, which makes me feel all tingly.