Chapter 16 - The Heart-Warming Surprise

Work, work, work, and no play is no fun

Work, work, work, and no play is no fun. It is finally the Easter break, and nothing much has happened with Alex apart from the occasional teasing. There have not been any sightings of rogues since that horrible day, but I know better than to get complacent. They will come back. Alex has been too caught up in servicing Jacinda's every whim and wish to worry about little old me. Not that I want him too of course. If he has not been with Jacinda then he has been helping Brad and I with Tammy, very valiantly I must say. My guess is that he is doing it for some sort of personal gain; he cannot be doing it just to be kind. Anyway, when I have not been helping Tammy adjust to her new way of life, I have been studying and doing coursework, as finals are 'just around the corner', as all of my teachers keep reminding me. Blah, blah, blah. I just want to sleep, is that too much to ask?

Finally, it is Saturday again, and I have a full nine days until school starts again. That is a sizeable amount of time to catch up on sleep and hang out with friends! Well, in between studying, of course. I have been so stressed out and a bit down lately, which is totally out of character for me; I am all sunshine and rainbows, not rain and storm clouds! One of my top five pet hates is pity. When someone pities you, it is as if they have a bit of control over your life; they know what weakens you, what worries you. It is as if their life is much better then your own, which I will not allow to be true. So I throw my negative self into work, or studying in my case, so that people do not know that there is anything wrong with me.

Apart from Tammy. She practically raised me, so she knows when I am not feeling my best. She keeps on pestering me, asking if I am ok, which is ridiculous because she should be worrying about herself. I think she got the message that I do not want to talk when I started locking my door, three days ago. She has a lot going on anyway; a mate to love, a pack to service, and a wolf to tame... She certainly does not need me holding her back.

Glancing at my phone, I cannot believe that the time is only six thirty AM, and I am wide-awake. Why do you hate me sleep? On school days, I am always clinging to the sheets, wishing to wake up later, and on free days, I wake up unbearably early, without a need too! Feeling wide awake already, I decide to get up and put myself to some good use. This past week I have become a bit of a hermit, hiding from everybody. I need some self-love this morning. Running the bath with hot water, I put in some posh body wash and soothing salts to make this bath the most serene thing since the piano was created. Once it is full to the brim and frothing with bubbles, I merge myself in the water and marinate in the substances I swirled into it. I then wash my hair with the fancy looking shampoo and conditioner displayed on top of the marble tiles like ornaments. They look extremely expensive, and as I have come to know make my hair smell heavenly and feel as soft as fine silk.

I plan to stay in the bath until I resemble that of a prune, but fate has other plans as a delicious, seductive smell wafts up my nose. Waffles... Waffles are my elixir; my one true love. If I was not so happy with my slim figure, I might only eat them forever more. Waffles are destined to be mixed in with Nutella, cream and strawberries, for the perfect blend. As my thoughts head down my waffle loving path, my stomach growls angrily at me, like a dog being taunted with a bone. I hop out of the bath, quickly drying my body, taking a minute to admire the softness of my pale skin, before wrapping my hair up in a towel, slipping on some lacy underwear, and then a frilly fuchsia pink robe with matching slippers. I then bound my way along the hall, down the stairs, and along to the kitchen, where I come in contact with Tammy, drizzling Nutella onto the slabs of fatty goodness. The whole time I am singing the waffle song in my head.