Chapter 42 - Becoming One

"Oh Phoebe... I'm so happy you guys are together now! So this means you're staying, right?" Tammy asks anxiously as Alex and I part for breath, the group still stood by the door.

"Hmm... I'll think about it." I wink playfully.

In response, Alex's arms tighten possessively around me, and he growls in my ear: "You're mine now kitten. I'm not letting you go."

The vibrations from his deep, husky voice throb straight to my core, causing my legs to clench around Alex, and me to bite my bottom lip hard to stop a wanton moan from flying out. Taking a deep breath to control my raging emotions, I turn back to Tammy.

"I'm joking... of course I'll stay here, where ever Alex goes, I go." I explain whilst sinking my head into Alex's hard chest, comforted by his roaring heartbeat.

"You've made me the happiest man in the world Phoebe." I hear Alex murmur above me, and then plant a tender kiss on my head.

"Aww, you two are the cutest! You've made my brother soft." Ana chuckles, interrupting the tender moment.

"Only for Phoebe." Alex growls out, making me chuckle at his need to assert his manliness.

"I need to go and tell my dad I'm staying." I mutter into Alex's chest, not wanting to move out of his warm embrace.

"Ugh, do you have too?" Alex grunts, a cute pout forming on his lips.

"Yes, it's only fair that I let him know and introduce the two of you properly!" I exclaim, understanding how he feels completely though.

"Fine let's go." He grumbles, scooping me up into his arms and refusing to put me down.

"Alex let me go!" I giggle, as he strides towards the door, one arm firmly planted under my bum, and the other securely splayed out across my back.

"Never." He states, melting my heart once again.

Once we finally make our way downstairs, with lots of stolen kisses and contagious giggles, Alex finally agrees to put me down, knowing that it is the proper thing to do, what with him officially meeting my dad and all. We find him in one of the lounges talking to Lucian, Alex's cousin, who smirks at us as he glances at our entwined hands. He makes some flippant remark about needing to check on his fiancé, Sapphire, leaving the room for Alex and I to dominate. Alex firmly plants a loving kiss on my lips, before disappearing, leaving me to talk to my dad alone for a moment.

I make my way to the couch, which is cream but inlaid with a fine green silk; leaves embroidered so delicately that they might have landed there in spring and just sunk in, but I know they must have taken hundreds of hours to sew. The white curtains tucked delicately to the side of the large bay windows are linen, the kind of white that is untouched by hands and devoid of dust. A cursory look to the right shows me the almost hidden cords that are used to open and close them. There is no television, no coffee table, no pictures on the wall, only the chairs arranged around the bespoke fireplace, which leaps with a gas flame. There are two small black and white photographs above the fireplace of a majestic wolf and beautiful young woman. The floor is a high polished wood, dark and free of both dust and clutter.