Chapter 4: The Furry Boyfriend

As I am a direct descendant of the moon goddess, I have Lycan (essentially goddess) features, although I cannot shift into a lycan unless I mate with one. Normal werewolves consist of two souls, bound together in perfect harmony. One half is a human soul, and the other is a werewolf's soul. When mixed together in the cauldron of life, they create a werewolf – the body simply being a host to the two souls. The souls have to be compatible; otherwise, they would fight each other for dominance, causing great harm to the body serving as a vessel for them, and can even lead to death. For this reason, my mother handpicks the souls in heaven to be joined, seeing which ones accept the inimitable bond. However, I only have one soul, which is neither human nor were nor Goddess. It is a quintessential blend of all three. To be abundantly complete though, I have to add Lycan to the mix.

Back in my hometown with my father, the were's knew me as the strange being that was not human, but hadn't shifted, even though she reached puberty a long time ago. I was like a disease to them, an artefact they wanted to study. My mother protected me from their wandering gazes though. I was looked down upon, living with my human father with no mother. An outcast. I grew used to it though, and made sure to stay away from certain parts of town. As I am my mother's daughter, I have inherited her unearthly looks, can run as far and as fast as any Were, and can dominate over any creature, including mighty Alphas. I am also very strong. However, as I am my father's daughter, I will continue to age at the normal human pace, I cannot shape shift, and I cannot turn others into Werewolves. I do not have to mate with a lycan, I could choose to live as a human, but I want to make my mother proud and rule alongside her from here on earth one day. Also, Lycans are the hottest creatures on earth, and I want to be the most perfect I can. The power is intoxicating.

I am still confident in my abilities to thoroughly damage whoever is outside the door right now though, if need be of course.

By the smell of it, it is a male werewolf. Probably checking up on who the new person and scent is in town. Werewolves are private creatures, and extreme control freaks. They like to know everything about everyone, and have a hard time trusting people, apart from their mates of course. Each one turns into a puddle of mush when their (usually) better halves are around, often blindly so. Each wolf has an underlying scent of fresh grass and wet bark, too subtle for a human to make out, but strong enough for any other creature with heightened senses. Females tend to smell more like a rose petal then wet bark though. However, other then that base scent, each wolf smells differently, which is convenient as it is how they find their mates.

I am standing to the side of the door, waiting to see whether this strange wolf will make an unscheduled appearance or not. Suddenly I hear his lazy footsteps clomping up the path, making me tense and wait apprehensively for him to knock. When he raps three clear times, I hear Tammy stop fiddling about in the kitchen and come skipping out to welcome the visitor.

"That's probably Brad." She giggles as she sees me standing by the door, making a move to open it.

Brad? As in her boyfriend Brad? Hold up, am I missing something here? Is he a werewolf? Oh. My. Goddess.