Chapter 8: The Mating and Alpha

(Above is the pack house)

Ahh. The end of school. The light at the end of the tunnel. Luckily, I made it through the rest of the day without any form of retaliation from Delilah. School finishes at two thirty every day, but I did not get to leave until nearly three thirty because my art teacher wanted to have an in-depth discussion about my coursework. Apparently, the units of work this school is teaching is different to that of my old school, meaning I am going to have to redo half a year's worth of coursework. Honestly, I do not think I am very bothered about continuing art. I might just drop the subject... Anyhow, it is something I will need to discuss with Tammy. Speaking of Tammy, I got the most random message from her. Brad was meant to be picking me up after school, but at 2:00, I got a random message simply saying 'Walk'. Like, how rude!

So now, I am trudging the boring fifteen minutes walk home, wondering what is so important that both Tammy and Brad have bailed on me! Anything could happen to me out here, in these light and (probably dangerous) woods. I heard the mysterious baying of a mule deer just a second ago! I could be attacked! Walking up the path to Tammy's house, I am bombarded with the smell of heavily sprayed air freshener. Did she burn something again? Opening the front door with the little key I find under the rusted mole figurine, I unfortunately realise that the smell is even stronger inside, making my eyes water. Is someone trying to disguise the scent of a dead body? Seriously, someone must have used a whole couple of bottles worth to create this much of a pong!

"Oh hello Phoebe! I was wondering where you were!" Tammy giggles, when I find her in the garden reading.

"Well, you ditched me. What happened?" I complain.

"Sorry, Brad and I... we were... occupied?"

Occupied? What could be more important then making sure ravenous bears do not attack me, leaving me mauled to death in the middle of the road? Wait a minute.... That fresh glow on Tammy cheeks. That undying smile stamped on her lips. That stench in the air... that bite mark on her neck!

"What? You mated!" I scream, flabbergasted.

"Maybe." She giggles.

"Holy shit!"

"Language! But yes. I thought it would take me forever to get used to the fact, but we were so caught up in the moment, and I just had to let him. It was like my deepest desire coming true. Oh my god, it was incredible! He is incredible." She sighs dreamily.

"Oh god, please tell me you're not going to 'go at it' again tonight. The walls are paper thin!" I panic.

"Don't worry darling, I won't subject you to that torture. We will wait until you are at school. I am taking a couple of days' holiday from work, god knows I deserve it! But you know what; it will be hard to wait. It's like this craving you know; I just want to be-."

"Ok, ok! I get it. No more about that stuff ok?" I shriek, about to feint out of embarrassment.

"Brad is going to move in by the way. Eventually we will live in his pack house, but where you're with me, and I'm not quite ready to join the werewolf community yet, we are going to stay here for a month or two."