Chapter 40 - Finding Out the Truth

"Well, I am pleased to say that you have convalesced miraculously well

"Well, I am pleased to say that you have convalesced miraculously well. Go easy, don't push yourself and you should make a full recovery by the end of the week." Doctor Tanya tells me after she has completed my check-up.

"That's great, am I able to leave yet?" I ask, unsure whether to be happy or not.

My time in the hospital actually hasn't been that bad... People have been waiting on me left right and centre, I'm in private accommodation with a luxury bathroom, and the food tastes delicious as if it comes from my very own five-star restaurant. I could quite happily live here... If I wasn't in desperate need to leave, to forget all that has happened in Lupine Peak. I can now (just about) walk again having regained all feeling in my lower back and legs, although my muscles are quite weak. The swelling and bruising from the silver in my neck and arm has mostly healed, luckily meaning that the bulbous leaking lump on my neck has shrunk. Although, the skin is still a slightly off colour, and it does hurt if I turn my neck too far around. My broken hands and shattered rib cage have fully healed, although I still have a few bruises on my chest.

It only took seven whole freaking days from when I woke up for them to heal!

"Yes, finally you're free!" Doctor Tanya laughs.

If it wasn't for the damned silver I would have healed straightforwardly, but because I was basically housing the stuff it has taken seven whole days for the doctor to deem me fit to leave. It almost seems unreal that she has said I can go now. Tammy will be heartbroken, but I'm sure she will get over it in time for Christmas. She threw a fit when the doctor said she couldn't come in to see me. Even with my dodgy hearing at that time, I could hear her tantrum from all the way down the hall. Alex is another matter entirely. His scent lingers around me constantly, making me crave him more then ever, because I'm pretty sure he sleeps outside of my room every night. I'm sure he is responsible for my room upgrade as well.

I also received a very unexpected visitor in the form of Delilah, yes that's right - the future Luna of the pack. When Tanya told me she was here to see me I looked at her as if she has three eyes, but let her in to see what she could possibly want. Unexpectedly she had brought me flowers, and apologised for her poor behaviour towards me when I first arrived. Apparently she was very insecure because Ryker was known to be a flirt, and she was being possessive over her mate. They have talked over their issues, and they are trying to work things out now. I forgave her, as I can understand how horrible that must be, not knowing whether your mate really wants you and if they are sleeping with other people or not. It's best just to put your past behind you, otherwise you can't move on.

"Yes, thanks so much for all your help." I smile genuinely at Tanya, the lovely doctor who has been checking up on me every four hours, twenty-four hours a day.

"Oh it's no problem Phoebe, any time. Well, not that I want you to be injured or anything, but you're a lovely patient!" She laughs, tucking her hands into her blue doctor's pants. I can see that her white coat has a smudge of a stain of makeup around the collar, something a couple of days ago I wouldn't have been able to see, confirming that I am indeed much better. Thank goddess!