Chapter 10: The Disgraceful A-Hole

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am not a (very) cute or innocent girl. I am not one to get shy around boys or have low confidence. I am destined to be a queen, and I treat myself as such. So why do I get a weird, tingling feeling in my tummy and start blushing when I think about Alex? My whole day has been positively ruined by that gorgeous hunk of a man. I brushed past him in the hallway once more after this morning, and nearly feinted from the delicious shivers that swarmed their way up my arm. It's a shame that he seems to be affecting other girl in this school the same way. But still, my future is looking a little brighter right now. I can hold off of purchasing Bambi, Safi, and Lassi (my dog's names) for a little while longer. This is all such exciting news, I practically galloped home, riding on a cloud of bursting excitement. I make sure to bang the door extra loudly, making sure that Tammy and Brad know that I am most definitely home, and know to keep it PG13 for my innocent eyes.

"Tammy! Oh Tammy!" I squeal.

I find her in the same position as yesterday, in the garden, but instead of reading she is sunbathing with her beau.

"Oh, hello Phoebe. You got home quick!"

"Yes, well I have the most exciting of news to tell you!" I begin, watching as she turns to face me expectantly. "There are lycans at my school! And one of them is hands down the single most gorgeously attractive human being on the planet!" I burst out.

"Really? Oh Phoebe that is wonderful news." I have told Tammy that in order to become a wolf myself, I will need to mate with a lycan, but she knows that it is a top secret fact, and I trust her not to say anything to anyone, not even Brad. This is because anyone who doesn't know that I am the daughter of the Moon Goddess (basically everyone), would think that I want a Lycan just to become one myself, and have all the fame and power and strength Lycans possess. Basically a supernatural gold digger.

"Brad, do you know anything about the Lycans?" I ask him, as he has stayed strangely quiet throughout this whole situation.

"Yes actually. They live near the pack house in a mansion all together. They are very private fellows, and mostly keep to themselves. However, my erm, cousin, Jordan, is one of the Lycans. He was Ana's erasthai so he changed when they... erm, well, mated." He explains.

"So you know the Lycans? Oh my Goddess! Please Brad you have to introduce me to them, please!" I beg him.

"...Why? Lycans are very loyal and reserved fellows, and I'm sorry to tell you this but they don't like to associate with outsiders." Brad tells me with a sympathetic smile, as if he was about to break my heart. Goddess! He probably thinks I want to hook up with one of them for status! Well, it is partially true, but I have justifiable reasons, ok!

"Well, I have always been fascinated by them, and err, my mother's brother was one. Yep. Good old Uncle Freddie. I just wondered if they might know him, as he has been off the grid for a few years now." I completely bull shit my way through.