Chapter 24 - Talks that Destroy the Soul

Do you ever wish life would just give you a break? I mean, come on, can life go for one hour without being a bitch? Sheesh, you would think I was a serial killer who stays up late at night thinking of different ways to pull peoples brains out with...

Do you ever wish life would just give you a break? I mean, come on, can life go for one hour without being a bitch? Sheesh, you would think I was a serial killer who stays up late at night thinking of different ways to pull peoples brains out with the luck I have! Overall, it has been quite a shitty day. A shitty week really. I am stressed for my exams coming up, I was attacked by rogues, I found out at lunch I may be being targeted (which is just fantastic) by the same pack of ravenous wolves, and Alex... well, the boys more hot and cold then a copious, solid ice block on a sizzling summers day! Seriously, I think he has a screw loose. Didn't his mum ever explain to him that you can't just kiss a girl, play with her already confuzzled feelings, and then ignore her for two days straight? Too top it all off he volunteers to be my freaking bodyguard! He'd better be careful, or I might start assuming that he wants to spend time with me!

It is safe to say that if I had a jerk list, he is at the top of it. I may as well give him the prize for 'Biggest Jerk of the Year' right now! There is something about him that never ceases to exceedingly piss me off. There is also the fact that I am perhaps a little embarrassed at the fact I have unexplainable feelings for the hot buffoon. He has to know that I at least find him attractive; otherwise, I would not have thrown myself at him in the first place, and recuperated his mind-blowing kiss. Ugh, this situation is putting me into one big, bad whirling storm of emotions, and I do not feel like I can claw my way out of it today. I need chocolate. Sighing, I let the frown deepen on my face like a scar and continuing walking home.

"What crawled up your arse and died?" Someone snorts from across the road.

Whipping around to give the offender a berating, I stop dead in my tracks as my head feels like it is going to explode. Seriously, why do you hate me life? Of course, my next trial is to face an apparently amused Alex. Is he freaking bipolar or something? Well, there is one thing for sure, I do not want to talk to him about whatever feelings I may or may not have for him, and I certainly want to forget about the torturing yet beautiful, passionate kiss we shared, so I do the only thing I can think of. Get on my high horse, zip my mouth shut and continue walking away from him. My jaw ticks in anger when I hear him sigh and jogging up behind me. No! Silence means 'leave me the hell alone asshole!'

"Phoebe, please just get in the car. I know that girl told you that I am now your bodyguard, so I have to protect you. That means I am officially your chauffer from now on." He explains as if we are 'oh so great' friends.

I bless him with the answer of silence.

"Phoebe, just get in the car so I can drop you home." He huffs.

Good! He should feel annoyed.

"If you're going to be difficult then I will be too." He grunts, before I am ungraciously thrown over his shoulder.

"Alex! Put me down this instance! How dare you manhandle me, you soggy muffin!" I keep shouting profanities at him whilst he strides over to his car.