Chapter 13: The Lycan Invite

After the tracker dropped the death bomb, the Alpha, Beta and Gamma left the room, to see who has been murdered and if there are any other threats

After the tracker dropped the death bomb, the Alpha, Beta and Gamma left the room, to see who has been murdered and if there are any other threats. However, I can already sense the answer. They are long gone. They wanted to leave a message, to show that they are powerful. For a rogue to kill a pack member there must have been about five of them attacking at once. As they do not have alphas, or the proper training, rogue's wolves are weak, meaning they are easily defeated. So for one to have actually killed a pack member... deep shit is going to go down. A full investigation is going to have to be launched and everything.

Poor Tammy, her first counsel meeting as the Gamma's mate could have been for a much happier topic. She is looking rather... frazzled. Brad's role as the Gamma includes being in charge of training the wolves, and because there has been an attack, I am sure that the alpha will increase the schedule and demand extra training hours. This will be hard on Tammy and Brad, as they will have less time to spend together. Tammy better get used to being a werewolf, and fast. Before we can decide to leave the room, Brad comes rushing back in. His eyes are glowing a silver colour, showing that he is mind linking with someone.

"Everyone, the Alpha requests you to remain calm. Due to these recent events, the alpha has decided to increase security, and has decreed that no one is allowed in the town without proof of who they are, and their business here. At this moment in time, it is unclear why we have been savagely attacked by rogues, but we will have justice served to them, for hurting one of our own. There will also be increased twenty-four hour patrols around all the borders, ensuring the safety of the town. The alpha requests that this be kept concealed, with only the warriors and high-ranking officials knowing. We don't want to cause the pack or humans worry, when we may be able to contain this." Brad explains to the fourteen people currently in the room.

Everyone nods in agreement to the alphas words. So I guess we have to carry on as normal then until the problem is swiftly resolved, or gets disastrously worse. I have to admit; I am feeling very apprehensive about the situation. This pack is very slight and inconsequential compared to others, and although they have resilient warriors, they simply do not have the numbers to withstand a heavy attack. I guess their main strength is having a pack of lycans live near them. That must scare off some of the competition. Still, what about those living on the edge of town? Like Tammy, Brad and I? There are not enough warriors to protect each household. We really need all the help we can get. Brad and I are not always going to be there to protect Tammy, meaning that at some point she will be vulnerable. We may have to move into the pack house, even if it is just temporarily, to ensure Tammy is safe. There is also the fact that I am meant to be a 'normal' fragile, unguarded diminutive human. If I suddenly start taking down wolves, there are going to be eyebrows raised, and I may be kicked out for lying to the alpha.

Sighing I turn my attention back to Tammy. She looks pale, but is keeping it together. It is a good job she has always been able to have a level head. She rushes to Brad as soon as he finishes speaking, hugging and kissing him lovingly. Slight jealousy tinges in my stomach as I observe them both. Tammy is getting everything I should have in life; a hot, devoted mate, a wolf and rank in the pack... and me? I am nowhere closer to that life, instead I seem to have taken a few steps backwards, with no prospect of a mate, and getting caught up in a possible werewolf war.

"Phoebe, come with me. There are some people I would like you to meet." Brad tells me.

"Ok." I quip back, smiling widely at him.

Positivity is key.

I follow him and Tammy out of the room and into a plush longue where two regal features are seated. Lycans. I cannot work out whether I am jubilant or disenchanted that neither are Alex. The man has a sharp features including a jaw that could probably cut a bitch in half. On either side of his straight nose are two blazing hazel eyes, spiked with warm brown, and fringed with smooth green. His dark brows are actually graceful, but currently furrowed in a frown. Warm dark chocolate curls sweep over his brows as he sits with a thoughtful look on his face, holding his mate's hand. His mate is stunning in a nonconventional type of way. She has no long golden curls, or bright blue baby eyes, but instead fairy tale pink shoulder length hair, and eyes so dark they could pass as black. Her pale skin is perfect and glows with a radiance from within, free from makeup. Her features are sharp yet elegant, and her plump lips act as a cushion for her gleaming white teeth.

"Phoebe, Tammy, this is my cousin, Jordan, and his mate, Ana, and Jorden, Ana, this is my mate Tammy, and her sister, Phoebe Johnson." Brad introduces us all.

"Hi, it's good to meet you both." Jordan says as he stands up and shakes both of our hands.

"You too." I smile at him, before turning my attention back to Ana.

"Hi! It's so nice to meet you both!" Ana squeals, before pulling Tammy and I both into hugs.

Damn, I think I am going to like this girl.

"It's great to meet you too!" I giggle.

"So you're Phoebe Johnson..." She giggles, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yes?" I question, confused.

"You're the girl that got my brother acting crazy." She smirks, smiling mischievously.

Oh no. Brother?

"Who's your brother?" I ask sceptically.

"Hmm, no one important. Just... Alex." She laughs.

"Alex? Ugh." I groan, burying my face in my palms, causing her to laugh more at my expense. How can someone so nice be related to that dickward?

"You know; I've never met a girl who doesn't throw herself at my brother when he takes the slightest bit of interest in her. It is refreshing. We're going to be best friends!" She squeals in her bubbly manner.

"Aww, I hope so." I chuckle, before turning back to Jordan and Brad.

"Anyway, the reason why we are here is because of the attack made just moments ago." Jordan addresses the room, causing the mood to go sombre. "Us Lycans will help protect the town and the pack in case there is another attack, but we can't help everybody. It came to our attention that you guys are living in the forest at the edge of town, which is a very vulnerable position to be in. So we would like to invite you all to stay with us in our mansion, just until things have settled down." Jorden finishes.

"Yes, you guys would be so welcome to stay! We have lots of spare rooms, so you can take your pick, and we can have such a fun time all together!" Ana nods enthusiastically, looking like an adorable overexcited puppy. "Also it won't be forever, you will still have your house Tam-Tam, and you can move back in as soon as the threat is relinquished."

Who could deny that face? Jordan certainly cannot. I watch on as his face melts from its tight, worried expression into one of complete idolization and happiness, just from one look at his beautiful partner. It is the kind of love most can only dream about. It is the kind of love I am always dreaming about. Well, this will certainly be a change, but with all honesty, I am really looking forward to it. Mansion just happens to be my style.

Ooo, Phoebe's moving in!! Can't wait for you guys to read the next chapter, I enjoyed writing it so much! You will meet (nearly) all of the lycans!! Hope you're having a great day babies xoxox

Edited