Chapter 33 - Stuck Between Two Pathways

Alex's POV...

Do you ever just want to say fvck it and move to Mexico? I wish I could run away from my problems but that won't help anyone. I have a duty to my family and kingdom. Shit, when did everything get so messed up? When I met Phoebe Johnson, that's when. The annoying, beautiful, mesmerising, infuriating, perfect little weirdo. When I first saw her, her enthralling beauty blew me away. She was only relaxing by her locker with some other chicks, but she looked so sinfully beautiful. When our eyes connected, I swear I felt my heart beat faster, but I shook the thought off and casually winked at her. There was no way I would allow myself to be affected by a simple yet gorgeous human girl.

I did however know right then that I needed to have her, just to get her out of my system, and I may have just been thinking about pure sex, but when I approached her in the school hall and she pushed me away and fought my advances, I became intrigued. I knew she was just as into me as I was of her, hell, her big blue eyes were practically begging me to take her right then, and when she drew that plump lower lip under her teeth I had to fight the urge not to groan out loud. She was the sexiest little thing I had ever seen, and I've seen and experienced a lot of women in my time, I'm telling you. But what scared me was the way I wanted to get to know her... understand her thoughts and feelings, and determine why she was pushing me away. She was too much of a catch to let go. That's why I met up with that dumb human later that night, to pound away all of my uncertainty and frustration. I can't say I felt very good about myself after though. No, something in me had changed, and it all started with a perplexing human called Phoebe.

Then all that shit went down with the rogues, drawing my attention away from meaningless girls, but still Phoebe's mesmerising eyes burned into my skull. I couldn't help but tell my little sister about it. She is one of the few I actually trust in this world. Imagine my surprise when I caught Phoebe wondering into my gym, practically drooling over me, her cheeks hot with arousal. God, I wanted her so bad, but I wanted her to beg me for it. I like to be in control, but she was affecting me in more ways then I liked... messing with my emotions and head, and doing the total opposite of what I expected. If it were any other girl, she would have succumbed to me and have done anything I asked her to, but for some reason she kept denying and sassing me. I wanted to spank her ass red raw on so many occasions to assert my dominance, but I knew I had to wait. The satisfaction of getting her to bend to my will would be reward enough for however long it took.

I knew she thought I was a dickhead, but I didn't care enough to try to change her opinion of me. But then after I helped her sister shift for the first time, I notice a change in her behaviour towards me. She looked at me softer, with not as much repugnance buried in her eyes. Then she looked totally charmed and bewitched with me when I helped her with her niece and nephew. It made me want to be better for her... to impress her. I guess that's when I realised that I had feelings for her and it surprisingly didn't bother me. I actually do love kids, and I want some of my own in the future when I find my erasthai.

My erasthai.

Well, I found her all right. Blair Barnaby. Now I am stuck between two lives. One with the girl made for me and one with the girl I am in love with. My mother always told me that when you find your erasthai, it is as if your life is complete. They're meant to be everything you need; the closest thing to a chosen mate. If that is so then why can't I get Phoebe out my head? I crave her, yet I shouldn't. I'm meant to be happy with Blair. I found Blair three weeks ago, and yet I have hardly been able to face her. For two weeks I followed Phoebe like a puppy, and then slept in her bed each night, hoping to preserve her fading scent. Then Vincent told me to man up and either go to Phoebe or try to make it work with my erasthai. I decided I had to try with Blair... so I sought her out. She is beautiful, with sexy legs that roll on for miles, but they are a little too long for my liking. Phoebe has perfect legs. I know they would wrap around my waist just right if I were to... no.