Chapter 18 - The Beginning of a Realisation and Visitors in the Wood

Today is the Mondayest Monday that ever Mondayed

Today is the Mondayest Monday that ever Mondayed. It started with me waking up late, consequently having to skip breakfast and throw on yesterdays outfit, and only when I reached school did I realise I left my English project that I spent the entirety of Tuesday and Wednesday completing at home. It is safe to say I am in a pissy mood. I am also highly annoyed because I am very confused with my feelings about a certain stupid blue-eyed boy. Last Thursday he drove me to Celestrina's house, where I stayed until Saturday, and I was acutely aware of his presence. Every grind of his teeth, shift of his arms, lick of his lips... and his scent. Damn son. It should be made into a candle; it is that good. And then on Saturday, Vincent picked me up, causing Celestrina's jaw to drop, and Alex was sitting on the steps of his house with an adorable scowl on his face, snapping at us both asking what we were laughing about when we pulled up. It seemed to me like he was acting mightily jealous. On Saturday night we all snuggled in (apart from Jacinda luckily) watching The Purge, and when the really frightening parts came on, he let me cling to him, rubbing my back comfortingly. I think I found my home in his arms that night.

On Sunday, although I did not see him in the flesh, I managed to find his eyes in everything I looked at. I looked up and his eyes blinked down onto me, a pure, unaltered blue, and I knew I was doomed. I started to miss him then, and wanted him near me, like a craving and addiction that could only be cured by him. Then I started to see his eyes in Tammy's nail polish, Vincent's shirt, the laundry basket, and Ana's earrings. Doomed. Doomed. Doomed. I am not a fool; I know that I may be catching feelings for this man... and I cannot allow that. I need him out of my brain!

"Miss Johnson, can you tell us the answer to problem fourteen?"

Shit! Looking up I remember that I am, in fact, in calculus right now. I have been barely listening all lesson, simply sucking the end of my stupid pencil and stupidly thinking about stupid Alex. Glancing down I realise that I barely managed to complete question three, let alone fourteen! Noticing that the majority of the class are now staring at me, including a cackling Delilah and her cronies, I feel my cheeks start to burn before Minnie pokes me in the ribs and whispers the answer sneakily. Thank God for her. The teacher starts to say something before there is a knock on the door, and a male Were, a warrior probably, comes in and calls out names of people to come to the school hall for a special meeting regarding School Meals. It's a bit random if you ask me. As he starts calling out names along the list, I realise that that all of the people being selected are Werewolves. Interesting. The teacher kicks up a fuss at the fact that over half of her class has been taken from their 'precious learning time', but everyone simply ignores her.

After all of the werewolves have expeditiously rushed out the room, and the teacher starts grumbling about the lack of time left until our exams, and how vital attendance in school is, there is no way I can commit any brain power into solving the rest of the simultaneous equations. For all werewolves to be called into a meeting like that, something bad must be going on. I need to know what has happened. Straining my hearing, focusing all of my energy on trying to find out what they are saying, I am able to just about tune into the sports (and lunch) hall, where there are lots of murmurs of anxious Were's resounding. Somebody whose voice I do not recognise starts talking.