Bonus Chapter 3 - Derek Kensington-Wield

Seven and a Bit Years Later...

"Ah fvck!" I curse, tears beading in my eyes as another wave of pain washes through my stomach.

Dammit, that's another pound in the swear jar. Yes, that's right, we officially have a swear jar that travels everywhere with us, trying to curve our bad language habits. It's been going ok, well, ok for me, but Vincent swears like a sailor so I've been making millions off him. Since he met his mate Clarity, he's been much happier and turned into a better man, which is lovely to witness. She is a tiny thing, actually smaller then me so she is the butt of many jokes, but she has an amazing sense of humour, and finds the good in everything, so she doesn't take offence.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow! When will this be over?" I moan, squeezing Alex's hand so tightly I swear I can feel the bones shift.

"Its ok baby, just breathe, just breathe." Alex murmurs supportively.

"Don't tell me what to do! This is all your fault!" I yell, the pain unexplainable.

"Ok I'm sorry, its fine, don't worry... oh god." Alex murmurs nervously, his knee bouncing up and down.

When we found out we were pregnant, I was very surprised. It was always a sort of unanswered question, lingering in the background. Of course we knew we wanted children, but with an infinite timeline we never planned to have one... it just... happened. It took me half an hour of lying on the bathroom floor to get accustomed to the fact that there is something living inside me. It is kind of creepy really. But I soon got used to it and loved being pregnant, but one thing I didn't love was Alex's hyper protectiveness and constant worrying. He had chair lifts and elevators installed into the palace, and assisted me with everything from brushing my teeth to feeding me. At first it was cute, but then it got annoying. Once I proved to him I wasn't going to snap if I bent over to pick something up, he relaxed a bit, but was still always there as a constant shadow. I loved it really. We decided we wanted to bring our baby into the world at our Summer Palace, in which two of the sidewalls are made completely out of glass, nicknaming it the Crystal Palace. It is close to a hospital but also remote, situated around a massive lake in the grounds.

Clarity and Vincent are waiting downstairs for the birth of our new arrival, and Ana and Jordan are in a residence nearby. They now have two children, Oliver and Isabella, who are three and eleven months respectively, so they decided to give me some peace and quiet whilst I give birth and stay a little while away. Tammy and Brad also have a little girl called Liliana, who is the most precious little flower you have ever met. She is four years old now, and the three of them are on their way (currently in the air) to meet my little one. They still live in Lupine Peak as Brad is the gamma of their pack, and they are all doing wonderfully. We visit them or they visit us for a couple of months every year, and we always make time to see my dad and Bella with her duo. My mother doesn't visit me very much anymore as I have all of my royal duties to complete, but I always feel her presence in my life, and her strengthening me when I am weak.

"You are very close now your highness, one more push and baby will be out!" The doctor exclaims as I writhe in pain. The pressure in my back is the worst thing. With each contraction, the pain dominates my entire being.

"Right, in three I need you to push Phoebe."

As the doctor starts counting down I muster up all of my remaining strength, then with a guttural grunt I push as hard as I can, until I am told to stop; one is enough apparently. I feel the baby crowning, the horrible hot stretching of flesh, and I hold my breath, moans of pain slipping from the back of my throat. Without any further effort, I feel my baby slide into the hands of the awaiting midwife. Elation blossoms through me.

"Congratulations you have a beautiful baby boy!" The doctor exclaims, as my son takes his first breath and starts screaming his little lungs out.

In seconds he is placed onto my chest, nascent eyes opening, and mouth rooting for milk. Absolute love fills me as I lay my eyes on my perfect baby and snuggle him into my chest, my precious baby, one born in perfect love.

"A boy... we have a boy..." Alex murmurs, tears of happiness streaming down his cheeks.

As I rock him, Alex brings over the blanket and wraps him up. His cries fall silent as big blue, trusting eyes peek out, perfect and reaching out for love. He can be no bigger then a bag of sugar, and yet he already fills my world irrevocably. Tiny toes peek out from his blanket, stretching and curling. His fingers poke through and automatically latch around Alex's pinkie, a perfect baby smile as sweet as summertime strawberries curling onto his lips. In this instant I know I would do anything to protect my child, that my love is as vast as the universe yet solid as rock.

"Hello, I'm your dad." Alex whispers.

"Do you want to hold him?" I murmur, handing him over to my husband.

My heart has never felt so full, and I have never felt so alive even though all of my energy has been drained.

"Our perfect little boy, Prince Derek Elroy Alexander Herrick Frederick Kensington-Wield. Gosh that's a mouthful." I giggle tiredly.

"Well, he is the future ruler for our monarchy, and as a Prince he does need an extravagant name. Anyway, you were the one that wanted him to have my name and his grandfather's incorporated into his own." Alex chuckles, looking completely satisfied holding his son to his chest.

"You are right my love. Gosh I love you so much."

"I love you too, now rest my Queen, you must be exhausted. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you my Alex, you've given me everything I've ever wished for."

If you live with awe, humbleness, and take each moment as a chance to make the world better by sprinkling a little bit of happiness, then the gifts of life will fill you to the brim, so much so that your joy will overflow and make lives better all around you. I may not have been Alex's erasthai, but I believe I am his soul mate – why else would we be seven years into a relationship and still in the honeymoon phase? So break the rules, fight for what you want, not what you expect, and you will find it. Your reason to carry on and exist. I can't imagine a life without Alex, and nor would I want to; for he is the reason I am alive and still fighting today. I love him with all of me, and together we shall conquer the world.

Thank you so much for reading this book! This is it!

I will miss Alex and Phoebe!!

Thank you to all of my readers xoxo

Edited