Chapter 17 - A Heated Moment with a Baby Lover

The weather today feels like a wispy kiss of summer, without the baking heat of the fiery July and Autumn months. The blossom on the trees looks like cake frosting in delicious creams and pinks, and the petals burst out from lower down the branches, leaving the tips still in a tight bud. After the denuded trees of winter, their new and splendid clothes are a joy to see. The lazy wind pushes against the clipped grass like a child blowing a dandelion seed on its way. Above the white wisps trail and the early spring sun brings a welcoming warmth that coats me as good as caramel over a harvest apple.

For a Monday, I am feeling quite good about the world. I think it's probably to do with the fine weather, and the fact that I have my sister and niece and nephew with me, keeping me busy. I love Maria and Marco so, so much. There is something of the summertime in the twins, as if they reflect the warmth of one another, passing it like a beach-ball if the other feels sadness. Perhaps that's what makes them so resilient and such a joy to be around. There are, of course, times when they fight, but even then they are simply as kittens learning how to be cats and it evaporates as quickly as it comes. Maria is very possessive over her mum, always wanting to cuddle her and pushing Marco out the way, which he does not like at all. I have a feeling that learning to share will be one of their difficulties.

Right now Alex and Tammy are playing with them, unfortunately impressing me on Alex's behalf. I swoon every time I see him playing with the little ones. Ana confessed to me last night how she would love a baby of her own, but Jorden is sceptical about it because he is worried that he won't make a good dad. If the way he has been looking after Marco is any indication, I am sure he would be pleasantly surprised about his parental skills when the time comes for them to reproduce. Jacinda has been keeping away from the twins, only going near them when Alex is with one of them. She laughed in Ana's face when she said she wanted a baby, because she dislikes children, and doesn't want one because she doesn't want to 'damage' her figure. I hope she never has a child for the baby's sake, as Jacinda is unable to look out for anyone but herself, and wouldn't be a very loving mother, of that I am sure.

Bella and I are sunbathing on one of the loungers, lapping up the baby warming rays, trying to catch an early tan. My skin is so flipping pale though; I have to fake tan just to give myself a bit of colour. I am wearing the cutest scarlet coloured swimsuit, courtesy of Tammy, showing of my thin, shapely figure, and it would give me Baywatch vibes if I had the tits to fill it out.

"So, what's going on with you?" Bella asks, turning onto her side to face me.

"Nothing, I'm good." I reply, tearing my gaze away from Alex, who is currently tickling Maria, her shrieks of delight music to my ears.

"No you're not. I can tell something's bothering you sweetie, come on talk to me." She urges.

"Seriously Bell's, I'm fine. Just a bit stressed from school, and missing dad a minuscule amount. That's all." I reply, trying to get her off my case.