Chapter 28 - Intoxicating Feelings and Kisses

Silence

Silence. I don't think seven powerful beings have ever been so quiet in all the history of time. Did I hear Alex right? Did he just say he's falling in love with me? My mouth is still hanging comically open. I could probably catch flies. What the frick am I supposed to do?

"Erm, alright everyone... lets give them some space." I hear Tammy say, before ushering everyone out of the room.

I don't notice though. I am still staring in shock at Alex, whose anger has died down, allowing him to breathe calmly, but his chest is still rising rapidly, his eyes fixed on mine. His eyes are so alluring and beautiful, and I feel myself drowning in them until the door clicks closed, making me jump slightly. The silence is static. Gah, this is awkward. What do I do? Did he mean love as in friend love, or love as in... romantic love? Don't be stupid Phoebe!

"Erm... can you repeat that please?" I finally stumble out, sweating slightly.

"Phoebe... I, I'm falling in love with you." Alex admits, a cute blush sprinkled on his cheeks, whilst he clears his throat in embarrassment.

"Right. So do you mean as a friend... or more?" I ask, cringing as the words roll out. Why am I like this?

"God dammit Phoebe, it's like pulling teeth with you! Yes, I like you more then a friend!" He snaps. "You are so infuriating... but I can't help but be enamoured about you! No matter what you do... I am drawn to you like a moth to a flame." He admits.

"Well I... I like you too." I admit sheepishly.

Ok, just be cool Phoebe, just be cool. It's not like a really hot guy just declared that he likes you – and more then a friend at that! If my life were a movie, this would be the part where I start screaming and jumping up and down in happiness, before rolling around on the floor. But I can't do that with Mr Hot Stuff watching me!

"I know." Alex smirks infuriatingly at me.

The flame of anger Alex always finds a way to ignite in me, pushing me forever closer to crossing the boundary of saneness, flares up deep inside of me, making me glare at him.

"And how do you know that?" I snap, eyebrows raised. I hate it when people think that they know me... and end up being right.

"It's obvious in the way you look at me, react to my touch and act around me." Alex replies nonchalantly.

Gah, this is all very embarrassing. How long has he known I have liked him? I hate to think of how many times his infuriating smirk must have meant 'I know you like me!' Abort Phoebe, abort!

"What happened last night?" I ask, trying to avert the conversation.

Alex's eyes turn almost black in anger, before he replies to me. "Well, we went to rescue Jacinda, Sapphire and Lucian, when we were ambushed and shot with silver darts, which took us by surprise as rogues aren't permitted to have weapons, and we didn't have time to put any armour on. Anyone who deals arms to unauthorised personnel is committing an offence against the crown and can be sentenced to life in prison, or worse, death. The silver made us weak but we kept fighting, and killed many of the rogues, when Brad passed out from the pain. Ana also then arrived into the clearing, and she tried to help Brad by pulling him out the way, but she was shot and someone put a knife to her neck. We had no choice but to stand down." Alex looks so angry; the amount of energy in the room is suffocating. Reliving his sister being in pain and being rendered immobile obviously is still a sore subject to his lycan, who is fighting to take control and go on a rampage, hungry for the blood of the rogue who dared threaten his baby sister.