14) Talking About School

Taylor's Pov

Once I finally get Paige to sit down at the kitchen table and tell her how easily this conversation will go. I begin talking about what this is about.

I really hope she makes this easy. It will be the best for the both of us.

"So Paige do you know why I called you over here." I say as I notice her playing with her phone case and not paying attention to me. "Before you answer that give me the phone so you pay attention to me."

Does she really not want to talk about school? I have to talk to her about it though, I'm her mom now.

"No Taylor I don't know why you called me over here." Paige says with a snotty tone and hands me the phone. "Why?"

"Because remember when I told you earlier we would be talking about school." I say

"Yea about that what if I don't want to." Paige says spinning to get out the chair.

Gosh this is going to be difficult.

"Did I give you a choice?" I say sternly and then I take the crutches and put them across the room.

"No and hey I need those remember." Paige says pointing at her ankle like I am dumb.

"I'll give them to you when we are done here." I say.

Haven't even started to ask her about school hoping she will just tell me that she is staying back a grade and has summer work. And she probably won't just tell me. I'm stressed and tired about this already.

"Ugh fine how long is this going to take." Paige says. "I don't really like talking about school."

"As long as you don't be difficult about it should only take 30 minutes." I say ignoring her comment on not liking to talk about it. "So I am going to ask you questions. This will go fast if you give me all the information that you can,okay?"

"Yep Ok. What do you need to know?" Paige says.

"First off what were your final grades last year?" I say even though I know the answer, it's to make sure she is honest with me. All of this is to be honest.

"Do you want me to start with the best grade I had at the end of last year or the worst one I had?" Paige says. "And why do you need to type this Taylor?"

"I need to type all the information you give me down because I need to give it to the private school in New York that you will be going to. And start with the best and go down please." I say.

I think if I am honest with her she will be honest with me faster.

"C+ in English, D in French, F in Math (lowest level of math), F in Science, and lastly an F in American History." Paige says nervously telling me about the F's she got because her hands were shaking.

3 F's! I hope the private school can fix this. And I need to get her anxiety/mental health checked out. That's for another day though.

"And also can I ask about this private school after you are done asking me things or is this a you ask I answer type of chat." Paige says.

"Maybe." I say. "Now are you going to tell how and why you got the 3 F's?"

"Um I I I don't want to talk about it." Paige says stuttering at first and then rushing the rest of it.