51) A Night Away

Taylor Pov

What is wrong with me?

All my daughter did was dye her hair pink. And to be completely honest with myself, I really like the way Karlie dyed her hair.

It isn't an over powering neon pink. The dark pink to the light pink is really pretty on her as well.

How could I have gone so insane about a simple hair color?

This is the first time I've been alone with this New York Apartment since I've adopted Paige. It feels empty, like it's missing her energy.

I can't believe Karlie had to take her for the night. Who am I?

I turn the TV on to watch friends but then quickly turn it off, it isn't fun to watch without Paige's laughter.

I walk down the hallway towards Paige's room and then just let myself collapse onto her bed.

How could I be such a terrible mother?

I need to call Karlie. But I don't know if she would pick up.

...

Karlie Pov

Taylor had gone insane to the point where I had to send her home without Paige.

"Hey Karlie." Paige says meekly from the bed in this guest room.

"What's the matter sweetheart?"

"Can I um can I um tell you something?" She says with her shaking hands as I come to sit on the bed with her.

Taylor told me that when she is nervous Paige's hands begin to shake.

What could she possibly want to tell me?

"Of course honey you can tell me anything." I say running my hand through her pink hair.

"I um have been having flashbacks."

Flashbacks, now that's not good.

"Flashbacks?" I ask in a confused tone as I am so confused, "About what?"

"About my life prior to Taylor adopting me. Things like how mean my dad was when I lived in that house, some of the criminal stuff I have done."

Criminal stuff? What does that mean?

"Sweetheart, This should not happen."

I need to tell Taylor about this now.

"You are apart of a loving family, and that includes me I hope you know that, who will do anything to protect you from anything." I say trying to calm her down. "Have you told anyone else about this happening?"

"No Karlie I have only told you." She says really quietly but I was able to catch it.

"Honey you know you could've told your mom?"

"Karlie you really think I could tell her now." She says to my surprise.

I need to call Taylor to come here, even though it is 9 at night, Taylor will do anything for her daughter. But I can't have Paige know I am calling Taylor.

"Paige sweetheart have you been having flashbacks for a long time now?"

"Um I think the first one was about a month or so ago."

"How many have you had total honey." I say as she lays her head down on my leg and I stroke her hair continuing to calm her down.

"Well there has been three major ones that I still really remember and probably  ten ish  other ones, I can't really remember Karlie."