23)Music Advice

Ed's Pov

Taylor took Paige to Millennium Bridge last night. Paige probably loved it. I told her I would talk to Taylor about letting her hang out with me.

Taylor should be up now. I think it would be best if I asked her prior to our soundcheck. So we can just talk about stuff like cats when we aren't testing mics.

Hey Taylor. I start off with hoping she will answer.

Hey Ed what's up what do you need?

Well I was sort of wondering something

And that is?

So I was wondering if Paige can hang out with me during your sound check today?

I know Taylor would rather have Paige work on her summer work the whole time but she has to let the girl live a little. I mean like she wants to do music. I don't know if Taylor exactly knows that yet.

Um for what exactly?

It seems like she doesn't trust me. But like Paige is her daughter so she just wants to know everything. I bet it is like a new mom thing.

She wants me to show her my loop pedal program thingy.

How long would it take?

I don't know how long do you want it to take Taylor.

I normally call Taylor Tay all the time but I am kinda getting annoyed like why can't Paige hang out with me and not do school work for one day.

Can it be just an hour

I ask her like I am asking for approval.

I mean I need her do school work during part of my sound check. So I will have her do it first. If she actually does it like I tell her too. Then she can come and hang out with you for the second half of soundcheck.

Ok sounds good. See you later tay.

Finally she agreed and I can go back to calling her Tay.

...

I arrive at the stadium before Taylor like usual. I think she is gonna be a little later like she doesn't just have to get herself ready anymore she has to get Paige ready too.

I make my way to my dressing room and just chill with my guitar for a while. I actually finished the track with Paige's guitar chords last night.

I hear sounds of crutches coming down the main hallway and I know they have arrived.

They are early that's surprising. I make my way to stage anyways though. Maybe Taylor and I can just like hang out before we have to test everything.

"Hey Ed. Sorry have you been waiting. I'm not late right." Taylor says

"No you are fine." I say. "How are you?"

"I'm ok." Taylor says letting out a sigh. "I just really hope Paige listens to me today. Not just for me but for you."

"Tay I am sure she will. She really wants to hang out with me. And you can go check on her mid way through if you want." I say

"Ok I probably will thanks Ed."

...

We are halfway through soundcheck. Taylor is checking on Paige now. I am hoping for both Paige and Taylor's sake that they don't have a fight again.