18) Getting Ready for it

"What do you mean?" Paige asks me as I pass the crutches to her.

"You will see just follow me." I say opening up the door.

"Hey where is Ed at guys?" I say to one of the workers in the hallway.

"He is down the hallway to the right in his dressing room." The worker reply's.

"Ok thanks." I say.

"Why are we trying to find Ed?" Paige asks.

"Patience you will see." I say.

When I spot another worker in the hallway I ask if they can have my guitar, Ed's and another one all brought to the stage.

We get to Ed's dressing room, and I knock on the door.

Ed opens the door and says, "Eh Taylor what's up?"

"Hey Ed so I have something planned for tonight's show. Can I talk to your privately before I tell her." I say motioning towards Paige.

"Oh this is your daughter? Excuse me for my rudeness, hi I'm Ed Sheeran and you are?" Ed says.

Paige giggles. I think she thinks it is funny that Ed is introducing himself to her.

"I know you're Ed Sheeran I mean who doesn't. And I am Paige." She says.

"Well Paige nice to meet you. Do you mind going in here and chilling. I have guitars in there and food and the TV. Do what ever you want. Taylor and I will come in shortly." Ed says.

"Nice to meet you and thanks." She says.

"Just don't break anything and that includes yourself!" I call as Ed shuts the door.

"So what is your big plan for tonight?" Ed asks me as I can already hear Paige playing one of his guitars.

"So when we perform Everything Has Changed I want to have Paige come up and play guitar also so I can introduce her to my fans finally." I say. "Your thoughts?"

"As long as she is cool with it. I am up for it." Ed says. "Does she know the song?"

"She is cool with coming on stage tonight. And I think she is playing the melody right now." I say pointing towards the door.

...

Ed and I talked a little bit longer about how it was going to happen before we went into the dressing room.

I see Paige sitting on the couch and she is playing the melody to Everything Has Changed. In order to get her attention I start singing.

"I just wanna know you better now I just wanna know you know you..." I sing.

Paige smiles at me. "Hey so what was your guys long chat about."

"That's what we came to talk to you about." I say as she takes Ed's guitar off her shoulder and hands it to him.

"Thanks also you're really good. Ever thought about this career." Ed says.

"Thanks that means a lot coming from you and yea I actually have thought about it a lot." Paige says. "Anyways what do you want to talk to me about again Taylor."

"So you know how I told you I was going to tell the world about being your mother tonight?" I say and then sort of realize she hasn't called me mom yet but I figure that is going to take a while.

"Yea what about it." She says looking back at me and then Ed and then me again. Ed motions for me to continue.

"Ed and I thought that you could come up on stage and perform everything Has Changed with us on the guitar." I say. "How would you feel about that?"