27) Why You Gotta Be So Mean?

Taylor's Pov

Paige told me about everything. What the girls
said to her and what they did to make her feel less of a human. She told me the names of the meanest out of the eight girls. Jacy and Kacy. They are twins she said. Figures as much.

She has calmed down now. Completely forgotten about them and what they said. How ever I didn't. I can't just sit here and accept that she is going to get hurt everyday.

It's going to lead to her not wanting to go to class. This school doesn't tolerate people that skip class even if it because of another student.

I can't have her kicked out of this school the public school is worse than this. More mean girls and more drama.

Hopefully Jacy and Kacy eventually get a taste of Karma. It has to be coming for them sometime.

I don't know whether I should talk to the school about it. I don't know if I should pull her out of the school and try to find a better school. Or just have her do online school in the studio when I am recording.

...

We get home and Paige walks into the living room. Meredith follows her.I ordered a pizza on the way here. I am in the kitchen getting plates.

The doorbell rings and I pay for the pizza. Luckily the delivery guy didn't recognize me. I love my fans so much but I don't think I could deal with that right now.

"Paige pizza is here." I call in the direction of the living room.

She doesn't come. Whenever we have had pizza in the past she has came as fast as a Lightning bolt. But she doesn't even move off the couch. She is clutching a pillow with her phone close to her face.

"Honey I said pizza is here." I say walking towards her. She still doesn't answer me.

That's when I see her mascara tears again and how badly she is shaking. She is scrolling through her phone.

No no no. It can't be going on there too. I don't know how to deal with that. I never had to.

I sit down on the couch and she lets go of the pillow and lays across my lap. I can feel her warm tears hit my skin and it breaks my heart.

She doesn't deserve any of this. Nobody deserves this kind of treatment.

"Mom it won't stop make it stop mom please." Paige says through her tears as she hands me her phone.

It's like she knew I was going to want to see. She wants me to see. Paige loves to handle things on her own. She is a very individual person. However right now she is so broken she doesn't know what to do anymore.

I stroke her hair with one hand trying to calm her down. The other hand I use to scroll through her social media.

Some of the posts from the girls read:

Whatever you do it is not enough

Your kindness is fake

Whatever you say it is not right

Leave already. We don't want shakers in our grade.

Play the victim darling but your pain is manipulative.

Do something with that ugly face of yours.

Nobody wants to be your friend because you are Taylor Swift's daughter. Wait no you aren't. Your parents abandoned you so Taylor adopted you. Probably out of sympathy.