48) Yes or No

Paige Pov

"So Taylor said you wanted to hear some of my songs." I say trying to distract Mama Swift from my flashback.

"Of course I would darling, I'm your biggest fan."

"I think Taylor might have you beat there." I say laughing.

Mama Swift laughs as well before getting up from the table.

"Let me grab one of Taylor's many guitars sweetheart."

She comes back shortly after with a country guitar for me to play.

"Ok ok ok I want to hear you play now!" Mama Swift says excitingly.

Not exactly comfortable with playing my own songs for her yet, I begin to play I Knew You Were Trouble before she interrupts me.

"That's not your song. I want to hear your songs sweetheart, I think Taylor said lsomething about one being called forever something."

"Forevermore" I reply bluntly.

Need to tell Taylor to chill out when it comes to my music.

I begin strumming and then start singing with, "forevermore our fingers will stay inter locked, forever more falling in love..."

...

Andrea Pov

Paige played her song Forevermore for me and I fell in love with it. I am probably just as obsessed as my daughter is with it.

She then reluctantly didn't want to play any of her other songs so she began playing some of Taylor's older songs for me, which she once again sounded amazing.

I don't know when to bring up the development deal conversation without bringing it up awkwardly. However, Taylor is going to be here in thirty minutes so I better bring it up soon.

"That was another amazing performance Paige but how about you and I have a talk for a bit."

Her eyes got big and looked at me fearfully.

Shoot, Taylor must say "let's have a talk" when she is not happy with Paige,and now she thinks I am mad at her.

"Oh you aren't in trouble darling." I say and then hear her let go of all the breath she was holding in.

I then continue with, "So I know you and Taylor gave a demo CD of your music to Scott Brochetta the other day. How did that go?"

"Um it went ok." She replies.

Looks like I'm gonna have to just force this developmental deal into this conversation.

"What do you mean by okay?" I reply with.

...

Paige Pov

Mama Swift is asking about BMLG now and I figure that Taylor probably put her up to this.

I'm smarter than y'all think.

"He said he wants to ride me with a development deal for a year and then decide if he wants to sign me or not." I reply more bluntly than I was prior.

"Sweetheart, you know how much I love you as your grandmother, but I don't think I could watch another girl I love go through the process of a development deal." Mama Swift replies.

"I know Taylor went through it, and then left RCA, and now is one of the biggest performing acts, but this isn't everyone's decision. This is mine." I say before getting up from the table and running to the guest bedroom, slamming the door before she is even up the stairs.