21) The Track

Ed's Pov

As soon as we got onto the plane and I was seated in the chair behind Paige, Taylor and Austin.

Normally I sit right behind Taylor but with Paige needing to work on school Taylor asked me if I minded moving back a seat. Which I don't.

It is only 9 when we take off. I am so happy to be going back to London and opening for Taylor in England. This is huge for me.

I should sleep so I am ready to perform for tomorrow night but I can't stop playing around with the guitar track that Paige had showed me yesterday.

I think she has the definite talent to go further in music. I hope she gets it through talent and hard work and not just handed to her from Taylor. As much as I don't want to see her get rejected or struggle like I did, I feel like she wouldn't feel successful if everything is handed to her.

I think Taylor knows that though. She definitely knows hard work. Taylor works so hard in everything she does. I have never seen a better business women.

The plane goes into the air and we have a 6 hour ish flight.

I recorded the guitar track onto my laptop so I could work with it lyric and beat wise while on the plane.

I take out my laptop as soon as larger electronics are allowed to be taken out. I look at everyone else to see what they are doing.

Mama Swift is reading and Papa Swift looks busy on his computer. Probably doing business work for Taylor. She has him help from time to time. I think he likes too also. Taylor and Austin are talking which probably means Paige is sleeping.

I can't wait to show her this track when it is done. I get to put her name as my co writer. Cause like she did write the music for the chorus part of it.

I am working on it for a while. I think the title is going to be called Again. I want it to be able how after a relationship ends you never know if you are going to be ok again, ready to date again, happy again.

I start with the lyric for the chorus with the beat that I added to the guitar. You left me broken, uncertain... then my thoughts get interrupted by the noise of Taylor's chair turning back around. It is not her fault. I could be working on this later but I need to get it done now. Like I really want to.

I notice Taylor then going nose deep into her phone. Smiling and typing and then getting upset and putting her phone down. I wonder what she was looking at. Then I realize probably fans and media's response to Paige being her daughter. She tells me she doesn't care what the media and the people who don't like her think about her. But I can tell it gets to her.

I told her to stay off of it. Just have someone from your team post for you. I only go on when I have to. I don't like getting up and immediately scrolling through an app of possible negativity about me. But Taylor likes to watch her fans and select people to meet her herself. Which I think is cute of her.

I go back to working on my track. You left me broken,uncertain, of where to go, the next turn, I want to back up, start over, so I don't have to try to find myself Again. I think to myself. I scratch a good amount of it going back to you left me broken,uncertain, of every direction. I like that better. I add a beats and loops to where the lyrics will go when I have a chance to record those.

I stop working for a bit. I needed to think about lyrics a little more. I want to get this song done but I know I can't force it.

I keep playing the guitar track through my headphones while observing everyone again. I don't know why I like to look at Taylor and her family. I think it is just I admire them for doing this for so long. This is her third tour.