32) Birthday

1 week later

Paige Pov

I have never hated school more than I do right now. The bullying hasn't stopped. Somehow Jacy and Kacy found out about me having detention. And of course they made up rumors about why.

Everyday I come home crying in the car. I want to leave the school so badly. None of the teachers have done anything to stop them. The principal claims he can't do anything unless Taylor and I go in and speak with him. Which I am not doing.

Three more weeks Paige.

Is what I keep thinking everyday when I wake up and put the uniform on for school.

When I come home from school I change out of the uniform as quickly as possible. Some days I wear sweatshirts and sweatpants. Well actually most days I do. However today is the first day Taylor is taking me to the studio to meet Paul. So I have my outfit planned for when we get home. It is is this plaid skirt with matching longer crop top and black leather jacket. I actually did not think I was going to like the plaid skirt set when Taylor first got it for me. I love it now.

I have been waiting for this for over a week now. My time slot with Paul in the studio room was supposed to start at 3 as Taylor had originally scheduled with him.

However since I have detention until the end of this week, for two hours after school gets out. Apparently detention is normally only an hour long. Because most of the kids are allowed to leave after an hour. I don't know why the principal gave me such a harsh punishment. Austin must have really pissed him off.

So Taylor called Paul at least for this first lesson and was able to schedule with him and move it til 5 pm. Sadly my time with him can only be an hour long now. It was supposed to be about 2 hours I think.

...

I hear the dismal bell ring and all I want to do is run out of this building as fast as I possibly can. However I can't. After a couple days I had the room number memorized. Room number 7.

I make my way there and enter the room. The teacher gives me a glance acknowledging me. This is the sixth day of this torture.

Four more after this.

I make my way to the desk in the corner of the room. The regular kids are already in the room. Sitting in their same spots. It is like a routine for us now.

Moments later though I hear their voices and it feels like knives are gliding down my back.

Why did they get detention?

Jacy and Kacy come into the room and intentionally sit in the desks next to me.

I want crawl further into the corner I already am in. I feel like I should sink and drown and die.

Did they purposely get detention to make me feel uncomfortable?

The teacher comes around the room taking the detention slips from those who aren't having detention for an extended amount of time like me. He also collects everyone's phones.

Most of us give them up with no problem as it is something we are used to, but when the teacher approaches Jacy and Kacy they throw a fit about having to give them up that the teacher doesn't take them from them.

He reads off the rules of detention which are:

1) No cellphone use
2) No talking
3) You can work on homework
4) Otherwise you sit quietly

However does this teacher enforce those rules. No. Other than collecting our phones. Nobody really talks to anyone though. Saying none of us want to be here.