19)Show Time

As Taylor heads to the stage to rise up and freak everyone out. I make my way to Ed's dressing room. I am really getting a hang of these crutches sometimes I don't even realize them.

I knock on Ed's door. He had just finished his set so I don't expect him to answer right away. But he does.

"Hey come on in. We have an hour til we need to be at the stage what do you want to do?" Ed says. "And by the way I dig your little edgy look."

"Thanks." I say. "Um well what do you want to do?"

"Nothing much." Ed says as he grabs a guitar off the stands in his dressing room.

"Wait we can play down here." I say "I thought it was too loud."

Ed laughs. "Taylor has over 13 huge speakers and her band too. Nobody can hear an acoustic guitar from beneath the stadium."

"Oh." I say as I go to stand up nervously not knowing how to ask if I can use one of his guitars.

"Do you want to play?" He says getting up and handing me a guitar.

"I mean if it is okay with you to allow me to use one." I say as Ed hands me one.

Ed laughs. "Of course it is ok. You play so much better than I did when I was 12. Like you are going to be on one of the biggest stages if not the biggest in 45 minutes that's insane."

I smile. "Thanks for saying I am good but I am really only on stage to be announced as Taylor's daughter."

"Don't doubt yourself, Taylor wouldn't have you playing if she didn't think you were great." Ed says.

"Thanks Ed that means a lot to me." I say as a strum a little melody thing I have been working on.

"Wait play that again." He says.

I can tell that he is thinking of lyrics up in his head. This is so cool. Is he going to use my idea in a song? Wait is that what I look like when I get an idea.

I finish the little guitar thing I was playing with a A minor, C, G and ending with one E minor chord.

"That is so sick!" Ed says. "I already have like this finished song in my head."

"Wait what?" I say surprised.

"Can I have that put lyrics to it and then show you later?" He says to me as if I am already like a professional in the music business.

"Yea it's all yours." I say.

...

We play guitar for a little while longer in Ed's dressing room.

"Hey Ed I think we have to go soon." I say.

"We still have fifteen minutes til we need to be there and it only takes like three to walk and five to get my in-ear minitors." Ed says.

Wow he must really be in the zone with this song with my track.

"Ed it takes you three minutes to walk but me longer." I say grabbing the crutches.

"Oh my gosh Paige I am so sorry I forgot." Ed says getting up and opening the door.

"It's ok Ed sometimes I forget that I don't have two legs to walk on." I say.

We head down the hallway and even on crutches I can feel my hands shaking. My anxiety for the unknown is here.

I have always been anxious when I don't know what is going to happen or what people are going to say. I like to know what's going on and what will happen in the future.