53) A photoshoot?!

3 days later
Taylor Pov

It has been a couple days since Karlie told me Paige is having flashbacks.

Life has turned back to normal since we've been back from Nashville.

My favorite holiday is in about a week, Christmas.

Mom and Dad said they would come up here for Christmas. We went and picked out the Christmas tree about three weeks ago. Even before Thanksgiving. Paige said it was crazy to get a tree before Thanksgiving but I skip Thanksgiving and jump right on the Christmas train.

Other than Christmas approaching and my knowing of Paige having flashbacks, our days have consisted of Paige doing school either at home with a tutor, who she actually likes for once, or at the studio with my occasional help.

I'm in the kitchen now making peppermint mocha for myself when Paige comes bounding into the kitchen sitting down at a stool.

"What are we doing today? Anything interesting?" She says excitingly and I notice she is already dressed.

She is wearing a navy blue sweat and white and plaid pants.

"Well I don't have to go to the studio today but someone still has to do school."

"You are making me do school even on your day off?!"

"Hey what have we talked about when it comes to arguing with me."

Paige doesn't answer right away and I notice she was staring off into space.

Did I just make her have another flashback? If so I really need to talk to her about them.

"Paige." I say trying to get her out of it. "Paige, Paige I asked you a question."

"Not to do so." She says meekly, "Sorry."

...

Paige Pov

Taylor must have the day off or isn't going to the studio until later because she hasn't come to wake me up yet.

A plus to having colored hair is that you don't have to wash it everyday. Karlie told me not to wash it everyday unless I want the color to fade really quickly, which I don't.

It makes taking showers so much faster. So I get out of bed and take a quick shower and apply dry shampoo into my hair before tossing it up into a messy bun.

Then I head to my closet and put on one of my favorite outfits this winter. It is a navy blue sweater and these white plaid pants. The navy blue compliments my hair really well.

I then head into the kitchen finding Taylor making herself coffee as I slide into a bar stool.

What are we doing today? Anything interesting?" I say excitingly, hoping that I don't have to do school.

"Well I don't have to go to the studio today but someone still has to do school."

Ugh

"You are making me do school even on your day off?!" I complain

"Hey what have we talked about when it comes to arguing with me."

(Paige is 12; a couple months prior to Taylor adopting her; living at Natalie's house majority of the time; goes home to her parents every now and then)
Natalie told me her family was going out of town this weekend which means I actually have to go to my house this weekend. I walk into my house and am merged with a remark from my father, "Finally decided to come home did you?" I don't answer and I head up to my room and shutting my door behind me. I pull out my sketch book and begin drawing trying to take my mind off that I am here. Suddenly I hear my fathers loud footsteps coming up the stairs. He slams the door open to my room starling me as he walks over to where I'm sitting at my desk and gives me a list that was four pages long of chores to do. "What the hell is this?" I snap. "You do not get to come back into this house after two months of not flipping living here and expect that you can just waltz around. That's not how it works young lady." He yells getting closer to me with every word. "But I don't want to do these." I have the nerve to say. "Who said you could argue with me all of the sudden." My father says and then grabs my sketch book off the desk. "What are you doing with that!" I say in a full panic. He goes back down the stairs and I race after him. However, he pushes me back. By the time I get down the stairs I see him toss my sketch book into the fire place. "I will destroy more of your stuff if you argue with me again, so I would suggest getting to work." He yells and I run upstairs starting to do the long list of chores he gave me.