38) Tutor

1 week later
Paige Pov

I couldn't be happier about no longer going to that private school. Before Taylor woke up this morning, I think she was up late writing saying I could hear her guitar, I went into the kitchen and grabbed a garbage bag and put all my uniforms in it and left it outside my door.

Taylor said that even though I am being online schooled I still have to dress nice the days that I go to the tutor.

Today is the first day I am meeting my tutor. Taylor didn't really tell me much about them.

I check the weather on my phone and it says it is going to be colder today in New York. I head into my closet and look for one of my favorite sweaters. Once I find it I grab my pair of black jeans and my red converse.

Once I change into my big knitted white sweater with black bows on the elbows and my jeans. I head into the bathroom to do my hair.

Even with having hair that is not as nearly as curly as Taylor's I still wake up with what looks like a mop on my head.

Instead of taking forever to brush it out and straighten it, I decide to just throw it up in a top knot with a red scrunchy.

I don't think I would've ever worn an outfit like this prior to Taylor becoming my mom.

Before she was my mom I liked all the clothing that was considered rebellious. Leather, chains, black. There wasn't one piece of clothing with the color white on it.

Slowly with Taylor I got rid of that style. Now that I think about it I am glad I got rid of that grunge vibe. It wasn't me. I still enjoy the hipster part of my style. I told Taylor I could never dress like she does, preppy.

By the time I exit my room, Taylor is already in the kitchen ready for the day. She is dressed in a pair of black pants, loafers and a red and white striped sweater, and her cat heels of course.

It wasn't even planned for us to match, but apparently we had the same idea of black white and red.

Taylor is going to the studio today, I think she told me she was going to record this song that she wrote all by herself called This Love.

"Hey darling, big day today!" Taylor says as I sit down at the kitchen table across from her.

She puts her phone down, I assume she was on tumblr. She loves going on tumblr early in the morning for her international fans.

"I mean yea." I say taking a bite of the waffle she made me.

A couple minutes later, Taylor gets up from the table and refills her cup of coffee. I used to drink coffee all the time before Taylor was my mom. She doesn't want me drinking it until I get to high school. So two years. I don't know if I can wait that long. I love the taste of coffee. All kinds of coffee too. I wish I could sneak some during the middle of the night, but I am afraid Taylor would find out and I would get in a lot of trouble.

Once I finish my waffle I get up from the table and start to make my way down the hallway.

"Paige." Taylor says sternly.

I don't like when she uses that tone, it normally means I did something wrong. So I guess she uses the tone a lot. Sometimes I wonder why she even adopted me.

"What." I say turning around quickly.

"Are you forgetting something?" She says pouring almond milk into her coffee.

"I don't think so. I am going to go get my stuff."
I say spinning back around.

"Oh my gosh Paige, I am not a maid, you can put your plate in the dishwasher." Taylor says annoyed.