Chapter 3

Marydale didn't know what awakened her at five A.M. but as soon as she remembered what happened that night, she got out of bed, collected her things and ran out the door as if the room is on fire. Good thing, EJ is not a light sleeper. She immediately called Pat as she entered her GET car.

"Marydale, asan ka? Kanina pa ko nag-aalala kung napano ka na. Bigla kang nawala sa bar."

"I'm on my way to the condo. Don't worry, I'm safe. Nothing happened, I think?"

"Hindi ka sure?"

"Wala namang masakit sakin even down there. Just slight headache. Di ba sabi mo masakit pag first time? Anyways, when I woke up, EJ was still sleeping on the couch."

"Wala kang matandaan?"

"Wala, Bes.

"Sige, I'll meet you at your condo later. May meeting pa ko with a client. Heads up, yung bodyguard mo baka di ka na palabasin sa ginawa mo. Just hope na hindi ka sinumbong sa parents mo."

"Ako ng bahala. Bye."

Marydale knew what to do. She developed an ability to escape her bodyguards throughout the years and she can easily twist them around her dainty fingers.

She sighed. First things first. She will delete her profile in the dating app. She didn't want to experience another mishap  from her acts of rebellion. It only meant one thing - she has no choice but to agree to whoever her parents choose to marry her with.

Calling her place a condo is a mockery. It is one of the three penthouses in the building her family owned including several other buildings both commercial and residential.

It was grand but to her, it's like a gilded cage because in every nooks and crannies, surveillance cameras are installed.

At an early age, she began her fascination with computers mainly because of what it can do to bypass the surveillance system in their house and later, in her penthouse. When she discovered that her parents monitor even her computer, she developed an app she called 'cloaker.' It is her very own version of making herself invisible in the world wide web.

She could have pursued computer programming in college but as always, her parents have a plan of their own with her life. So, she dabbled in computer programs and apps in secret. It turned out to be to her advantage, because her parents didn't know she can have her slice of freedom every now and then.

She logged on to her computer and activated her 'cloaker' app.

"Ok, cloaker, do your worst."