Chapter 15 - Slight Kire Version

I am torn between wanting to kiss him and being my pakipot self.

"One." Jusko, Hindi siya nagbibiro!

"Two." Yes? No?

"Three!"

And before I can react, his lips are on mine. Soft, gentle kisses. It is sweet. He starts to trace my upper lip with the tip of his tongue, then lowers. And when I gasp, he takes advantage of it. He plunders. And I answer his kiss with the same intensity and enthusiasm. I put my arms around his neck and urge him some more.

We continue to kiss for I don't know how long. Then, he stops. I open my eyes. We stare at each other. One beat. Two beats. Three.

His pupils are dilated. Lips wet and swollen. He is panting and almost out of breath. His hands are now positioned on the sides of my face, his body on top of mine.

I start to pull his head down for another searing kiss when we hear a knock.

"Sir Edward, breakfast."

"I am not finished with you yet." Edward says to me. Chill and excitement run through my body. Half excited and half afraid with that promise. I reluctantly release my hands around his neck.

He pulls himself up and fixes my robe. I just remember that underneath the robe, I am only in my swimsuit. I pull the blanket up and cover myself.

He walks towards the door and opens it. He says his thanks to the staff as he receives the tray. He settles the tray on the bed side table.

"I asked for bowl of soup for you. Sit up, please. And eat this."

"Uhmmm..." I can't look at him directly.

Gosh, ngayon pa ko nahiya pero kanina kung makahalik wagas.

"Yam...Look at me please."

"O-okay."

"Don't be shy."

"Ummm...ok."

EJ hands me the soup. "Be careful. It's still hot."

"Thank you EJ. Kain ka na rin."

"I will."

"By the way, why do you keep calling me Yam? I know that you knew my real name already."

"Because I know that I'm the only one that gets to call you that and I like Yam better."

"Is EJ you're real name?"

"My name is Edward John Barber. My parents call me Edward. Only Ethan calls me EJ."

"I see."

"Let's talk about the elephant in the room. Are you embarrassed with our deal that you disappeared on me?"

"Not really...ummm...yes?"

"I couldn't find you."

"Oh, I had help."

"Hmmm...and that help, by any chance, the one who told me that you were at the gala?"

"Talaga?! Someone told you about that?"

"Yeah."

"No. That wasn't m-...errr...the one who helped me."

Muntik na kong madulas dun ah. It's my deepest, darkest secret. No one knows about it but me. And I intend for it to stay that way.

"What about my brother?"

" Ethan? What about him?"

"Are you the two of you dating?"

"Of course, not! I wouldn't kiss you if we are dating. He's just a friend."

"Thank God!"

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. Anyway, do you have any plans for your vacation? Places to go and see?"

"I want to visit Paris again and...I don't know. What are the places to go to in Germany?"

"Do you want me to be your tour guide?"

"Sure, why not?" We smile at each other.

"Eat some more of that. Do you want to eat anything else?"

"No."

"Oh, good. You're up. Are you okay now?" Ethan suddenly walks in. The door is already open.

"I think so. I just need some more time to rest."

"Yeah, I can see that. Oh, I need to go away for a week but I promise when I get back, we'll visit Paris."

"Ummm...EJ kinda volunteered to be my tour guide already. So, it's okay. You don't have to rush whatever you need to do in my behalf."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Alright. I'm gonna leave you two alone." EJ raises his eyebrow. "I have to pack. EJ, make sure she rests."

"Don't worry, Ethan. I'll take care of Yam."

"Who's Yam?"

Edward points at me. Ethan just nods and leaves. We resume eating our breakfast after that.

"Is tomorrow soon enough for you to travel to Paris?"

"I think kaya ko na. Rest lang ako today."

"I'll tell Mom to send meals up in your room. Okay ba yun o do you prefer to eat with us later?"

"Dito na lang. Please tell Tita and Tito that I'm fine. And bawi ako next time."

"Don't worry. They understand. Are you done with your soup?"

"Yes."

He stands up and walks towards me. He removes the bowl from my hands and put it on the side table. Then, he holds my face and says, "Dont be nervous, Yam."

Nanay ko! Ito na ba yung part two?! Wait lang di pa ko ready. Amoy soup pa breath ko.

"Relax...I'm not gonna bite you..."
and kisses me on one side of my cheek. He continues,

"...yet." He laughs and kisses the other side.

"Just kidding. I'll leave you to rest. Someone will come to get these."

Okay. Kinabahan ako dun. Kala ko may part two na. Di pa ko ready sa warning niya kanina.

He walks towards the door and before he goes, he looks at me and says,

"Oh, don't forget... We're not done with this." And he winks. Then, closes the door.

I'm deadt.

----------------
Which version do you like better? 😉