Chapter 24

I was caught between
a rock and a hard place.

"Edward, would you please sit down? You're making me dizzy." Yam complained.

"Sorry." I forced myself to sit.

I couldn't blame her. I was making myself dizzy thinking if this was the right time to propose or later, when I could do the preparations in Germany like what I did in Paris. Decisions, decisions.

We were on our way to Germany in my family's private jet. My mom still hadn't told me the reason why we had to go back. I was racking my brain for the reason and making myself nervous because of the secrecy and urgency of the summon. Hence, the reason I was pacing up and down the aisle.

And, I was thinking of THE proposal I could have done tonight, at the Eiffel Tower, while watching the sun goes down. The effort, timing, planning...all went down to waste.

"Here, drink this. This is a chamomile tea. It will calm your nerves or something. I always carry my supply in my bag." Marydale said as she slid the cup in front of me.

"Thanks."

"Did you call your mom again? We still don't know why we have to go back. My parents weren't answering their phones."

"Mine, too." I sighed. I picked up my tea and took a sip.

"This tastes different, but if it helps..."

"Yes, it is an acquired taste but it's very effective. Ubusin mo yan ha."

I finished my tea due to Yam's urging. I didn't want to disappoint her.

The ring was inside my pocket. It was with me since I bought it yesterday. I was still thinking of how to proceed with my proposal when Yam broke the silence.

"You know, even our stay was cut short, I still enjoyed our stay in Paris."

Yam's head was resting on my shoulder. I was caressing her arm as we talked.

"Really? I'm glad. Which part of our stay did you enjoy?" I asked naughtily.

"Sira!" She blushed. I so loved making Yam blush.

"This. Our talks. Cuddles. Di ko alam na underneath that playboy facade lies a very sweet man." She continued.

"Only with you...You know that this means you're mine now, right?"

"Hmm..."

"Yam..."

"What?"

"You didn't answer my question."

"Okay."

"Okay, what?"

"I'm yours only if you're mine."

"Yes, ma'am."

We continued to cuddle even when we stopped talking. This part, I could only share with Yam. There was no need to break the silence.

"What's happening, Edward?" Yam sat up from her position. The plane was shaking.

"I'll go and find out. Yam, put on your seatbelt."

I struggled to walk towards the cockpit. This was no ordinary turbulence. Something was wrong.

"What's the status, Captain?"

"Sir, I don't know what happened but one of our engines stopped working. Everything was fine before we took off."

"Can you make an emergency landing?"

"That's what I'm trying to do, Sir."

"Wait...there. I see a clearing."

"Okay, Sir."

I struggled to walk back to my seat. I was halfway through the aisle when the jet lurched downward.

"Edward! What's happening?" Yam shouted from her seat.

"The jet is going to crash. Hold on!"