Chapter 19

"So..."

"So? What, Edward?"

"Would you like to go on a date with me?"

"Seriously?!"

"Yes or no, Yam?"

"Yes."

We were lying on the bed after our lovemaking. I refused to call it sex because this was the first time I enjoyed the company of a woman before, during and after intimate act.

"Okay, don't freak out."

"Naman, Edward. Kinakabahan tuloy ako. Don't ever start your sentence with 'don't freak out' because I'll do just that."

"Just be still. Close your eyes. I'm going to blindfold you. Don't worry. I'll be your eyes."

"Okay...Wait! I'm not dressed."

"Here, put on this robe. Everything we need is already up there. Okay, hold on to me. We are going to climb the stairs."

"This penthouse has stairs? Where does this lead to?"

"You'll see."

I led Marydale up the stairs leading to the rooftop. I removed her blindfold when we reached the top. She gasped. 

"Edward, this is perfect."

I knew. From up here, we could see everything - the buildings, the city lights, the Arc de Triomphe and the Concorde Square. Even the Eiffel could be seen from the rooftop.

The floor area of the rooftop was the size of the three penthouse suites combined and only the penthouse suites had access.

Tonight, I barred the access to the other suites so that we could enjoy the privacy.

Half of the rooftop was a helipad. The other half was a pool surrounded by a garden. Trees lined the perimeter so that privacy of the occupants was ensured.

Beside the pool was our table laden with food. Earlier, I instructed the hotel staff to prepare a feast for two complete with candles and a bouquet of blue tulips.

"Shall we?"

"Yes, please." 

I led Marydale to the table and seated her first, then, I took my seat. I gave her the bouquet. She accepted and smelled it.

"Thank you, Edward."

"Wine?"

"Please. Thank you." 

After I poured the wine, music drifted from the speakers near our table.

🎵Wise men say only fools rush in

"May I?" I extended my hand and asked her. She took it and put the bouquet on the chair. 

I placed my hands on her waist and she put hers on my shoulders. I pulled her closer. She leaned her head on my chest. And then, we danced.

But I can't help
Falling in love with you.🎶

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you 🎶

She raised her head and looked at me. The music was fitting for what I was feeling that time. I couldn't help it so I kissed her. To think that she was the only person I kissed, I couldn't get enough. It felt like my lips was meant for hers and hers alone.

I couldn't get enough and yet with her kiss, it was enough. This time. I stopped and touched my forehead to hers. 

"I need to feed you, Yam. C'mon."

After we sat, I raised my wineglass.

"A toast, for our night."

She blushed but raised her wineglass as well. She drank her wine.

"Edward, the wine tastes good."

"Only the best for you, Yam."

I fed her until our stomach was full. I carried her to one of the chaise lounge and sat her on my lap. She rested her head on the crook of my neck. I put my hands around her.

"Edward?"

"Hmmm?"

"Thank you for making this night a memorable one."

"You're welcome. Thank you for entrusting me with your first...but love, the night is still young."

She answered by pulling my head for a kiss.