Chapter 11

They met at the airport. Ethan's parents were very happy to see her finally going with them to Germany. They exchanged greetings. They also talked about the places she could go and sightsee while waiting for the jet.

Dr. Madrid, her doctor gave the green light for travelling to Germany two days ago. Ethan's family extended their stay for a few days in the Philippines because of her. But they assured her that the extension gave them a few days to shop and spend time with their relatives in the province.

Marydale was amazed when she saw the interior of the jet. Her family was wealthy. She wasn't stranger to extravagant things. Things she didn't need really but were freely given to her even if  she didn't ask for them. But this jet, talk about flying in style.

Ethan's family jet was bigger than she had anticipated. It could accommodate about 20 people including the pilot, co-pilot and two flight attendants. The seats were plush. The leather buttery. There were also a kitchenette, wash area and two bedrooms at the back.

Their first stop was in Dubai. They  needed to refuel. They also had their lunch at one of the restaurants in the airport.

A couple of hours later, they were flying again. This time directly to Frankfurt, Germany. Ethan's parents retired to one of the bedrooms. Only she and Ethan were left in the main area.

An hour later, she decided to give in to sleep. She woke up very early for this flight and although her health improved over the past few days, she still got tired easily. Moreover, the flight from Dubai to Germany would take about seven hours.

She woke up to someone tapping her shoulder.

"Marydale, you can use the other bedroom to sleep. It will be more comfortable if you're lying down." Ethan suggested.

"No, it's okay. Saka, nakakahiya naman."

"No, I insist. Besides, you're still recovering from illness."

"Okay."

Ethan led her to the bedroom on the right. After she settled down to bed, he left her. A few beats after, she fell into sleep.

------------------

Edward was manning the cockpit. He was co-piloting the flight to Germany.

He saw Marydale when she went aboard their jet. He saw that she looked like she was still recovering. She lacked that glow she had when he first met her. Because of that, he didn't know if going to Germany was a good idea after all.

"Edward, she's in the bedroom sleeping. You can join me in here for a while." Ethan shouted.

"She looks unwell. Maybe this is a bad idea."

"Really? After all the effort now you're going to quit?"

"I don't want to add to her stress."

"What about us, your family? Aren't you going to stay even for a few weeks?"

"Okay, but I think I'll give her a few days to settle in before I give her the shock of the lifetime." He laughed at his own joke but deep inside, he was torn between Marydale's health and his wants.

"Can I see her?" I asked.

"Go ahead. Just be quiet. She needs her sleep."

I went to the bedroom where Marydale was sleeping. I pulled the chair nearby and sat beside her.

She was sleeping peacefully. Her features soft and her lips, inviting.

Oh, f*ck it! And I kissed her. Just a peck on the lips. Just like the first time she slept with me.