Chapter 26

After I got the plane to land safely, I immediately went back to the main area.

"Yam...Yam...are you okay?" I gently tapped her cheeks. I turned my head and saw the flight attendant unbuckling her seat belt.

"Are you okay?" I asked the attendant.

"Yes, Sir."

"Please go and check the pilot." I told her then focused my attention back to Yam.

"Are we dead?" Yam said when she opened her eyes. She was obviously making me laugh. Only Yam could make a joke out of our situation.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. Are you okay? Can you move? No broken bones? No headache?" I asked as I unbuckled her seatbelt.

"I'm fine. Asan na tayo? Ano na pala nangyari sa iba?"

Not satisfied with her answer, I checked her if there were broken bones. I roamed my hands on her body as I answered,

"I asked the attendant to check on the pilot. He was knocked out when I took over. I don't know where we are."

"Edward, okay lang ako."

"I still have to check."

"So, what now?"

"We wait. But first, we have to leave the plane. Let's go."

I half carried her as we exited the plane. The pilot and the attendant were following us. We walked a bit more away from the jet. Just for precaution.

"Stay here." I told Yam and said to the pilot, "Captain, let's go and get our things."

We checked if there was a fuel leak before we entered the jet again. Assured that it was safe, we went in to get our things and hurriedly went back to where we left Yam and the attendant.

My brother called me half an hour later. He told me to wait because he was going to send for help. While we were waiting, I remembered the ring in my pocket.

"Marydale?"

"Yes?"

"I know right now is probably the worst time to do this. We are in the middle of somewhere for goodness sake but with everything that went down, I need to do this. No...I want to do this."

"Do what, Edward?" She was clueless.

Right before I asked the question, we heard the whirring sound of the helicopter. We were about to be rescued.

"Not again!"

"What did you say?"

"I said...never mind." The helicopter was making too much noise. She couldn't hear what I was saying.

I promise that no one or nothing will interrupt us the next time I ask the question.