Chapter 5

"Are you free later?," one of his 'special' friends asked. The girl was still naked underneath the comforter.

Edward just got out of the bathroom. He's late and also needed to be in the office now.

"No. I'll be at the gala."

"Oh. I'll be there, too. I got an invitation. Do you want a date?"

"No, I'm flying solo. Lara, I have to go."

Lara sighed. She knew the drill. She always hated the morning after. She got out of the bed and picked her clothes littered on the floor. She got dressed and walked towards Edward intending to kiss him on the lips.

"Lara, I'm late. I really have to go," Edward turned his face to avoid the kiss. He didn't kiss them ever.

"Bye, then. Call me?"

"Yeah, yeah. Please close the door on your way out."

"F*ck you, Edward!" Then, she left.

Already did.

Edward heard the closing door of his condo. Spending the night with Lara was a mistake but he has needs. He realized that he needed to know where to find Yam now more than ever.

He continued his search for Yam last night but to no avail. Again. He couldn't believe that someone could disappear like that and his app was useless.

Due to his frustrations, he called Lara. A big mistake. He didn't want to get her hopes up. He knew that Lara wanted to get more from their arrangement but he couldn't give it to her. She bored him to death except in bed, one of the reasons he didn't want to pursue a relationship with her and any of the girls he knew or picked up.

*Ring* *Ring*

"Edward, where are you? We needed you here like an hour ago." Marco being his paranoid self.

"Hey, Marco. I'm on my way out. See you in a bit."

"Yeah, yeah. Always late because of your 'special' friends again. When are you going to stop and be serious with a girl?"

"When I find Yam."

"No such luck?"

"Mismo. And I need your help. Maybe between the two of us, we'll find her."

"O-kay! Please go immediately to the technical department when you get here."

"Gotcha."

------

"Mama, I thought you're going to send the gown here?"

"I changed my mind. Be here at lunch. I already told your stylist and Emman to be here at 3 P.M. Sabay ka na samin ni Papa papuntang gala."

"Okay, Mama. See you." Marydale ended the call.

Marydale just got up. It was Saturday and she has no work during the weekends. She was booting her computer when she remembered about the gown which her mother had 'forgotten' to send to her penthouse.

Ano na naman kaya plano ni Mama? Last minute change? Kinakabahan tuloy ako.

"Marydale, gising ka na ba? Kumain ka na at nakaluto na ko. Pancakes. Paborito mo." Manang Lilia shouted as she knocked on her door.

"Opo Manang, five minutes!"

*Beep, beep*

That was the sound of her app notifying her about a possible attempt to breach her system.

Hmmm....someone's being so nosy. Si EJ kaya yun? Baka hindi rin. Sobrang gwapo nun para pag-aksayahan ako ng panahon. Saka wala naman siyang napala sakin last time. Marydale, wag assumera ng taon, ok? But I better do another sweep just in case. And I think I need to activate my new security app. Hmmm...let's see...ok, it's up. Babalikan kita. Kakain muna ako.

After she ate her breakfast, she thanked Manang and went back to her computer.

So far, so good. My apps are working very well.

She checked her social media.

Kaloka ka talaga Pat. Lahat na lang  i-post mo. Okay, this, I like.❤️

Hmmm...friend request. Accept or not? Let's see the profile...set to private. Nope, dismiss.

Like, like, like...nope...what the? 10 A.M. na?! Okay, later na lang ulit. Shutting down computer. Sana di ako ma-late. Mapagalitan na naman ako nito.