Bonus Chapter - Reconciliation

She fainted. Everyone was shocked. Silence swept over the ballroom. After a beat, everyone moved. In the end, Marydale's parents took her away.

I was near the stage by that time. Then, I realized that my parents were in front of me.

"Edward!" My mom said. I stared at her with tears pooling in my eyes. She was about to cry when I walked towards her and encircled her in my arms.

"I miss you, Mom!" I couldn't hold back my tears like hers. She threw her arms around my neck. We clung to each other as if we were saying goodbye instead of reuniting.

"Edward..." Dad put his arms around my Mom & I. We all cried, forgetting we were in a ballroom full of people.

After we dried our tears. I looked at my father and said, "Dad, I miss you. And I'm so sorry for being pig-headed. I just wanted to do what I love."

"There's nothing to forgive, my son. I was really hard on you the last time. But I'm so proud of what you have become."

"How did you know?"

"You're our son, Edward. Even when you were miles away, we looked after you." My mom said.

"What do you mean by that, Mom?"

"You're mom was just trying to say that you are our son no matter what."

"Where's Ethan?"

"He went with Marydale and her parents. He'll be down after they look after her."

"About that..."