Chapter 27

"You faked it again, didn't you?"

"Huh?! I don't know what you're talking about."

After the helicopter transported us to the nearest airport, Ethan drove us back to their home. He was the one waiting for us at the airport.

When we arrived at their house, our parents were waiting in the living room. They were relieved, of course, that Edward and I were able to survive the incident without any injury. We were hugged and kissed by everyone.

And then, my parents dropped the bomb. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

"I know you faked your fainting, Yam. Why? Is marriage really unacceptable to you?"

"Edward..."

'Why? I thought you love me. What is so wrong with that?"

"EJ..."

"So what's..."

"Edward, SHUT UP!"

Finally, he listened. He was correct in his assumption. I fake fainted again. I just didn't want the pressure of agreeing with my parents' demand. They put us - Ethan, Edward and I, on the spot. Ethan had no reaction. Edward was livid. And I, was very humiliated.

"I didn't want that, Edward. The situation my parents put us in. I want a normal proposal, you know. Besides, my parents want me to marry your brother. I don't want him, I want you. I want it to be with you, maybe in the future. I just..."

"What, Yam?" Edward was smiling this time.

"I just don't want it right now."

"What if it is a long engagement?"

"How long?"

"A year...maybe two? Or, however long you want it to be."

"Gagawin mo yun? For me?"

"Yam, for you, I will wait even until the end of time."

I burst out crying. Immediately, Edward consoled me in his arms.

"Di ako umiiyak dahil malungkot ako..."

"I know, Yam."

"I love you."

"I love you more." Edward said and then he kissed me. We were so engrossed with what we were doing we didn't realize that Ethan was at the door, which was open, until he spoke.

"Well, I think this explains why EJ wanted to break my face when your parents said we must marry."

I smiled at Ethan. He was smiling, too. 

"I'm sorry brother but this girl?," Edward pointed at me. "...is very much taken by yours truly."

"Finally!"

"What?! I thought you are going to court her, too."

"I'm gay, EJ. So, that is a big no. I just wanted you to feel threatened. Just a bit. You were taking your d@mn time to make a move." Ethan smirked.

"Besides..." Ethan continued, "who did you think helped you find Marydale again? Remember the emails?"

"B-but...Why? How?"

"EJ, I was the one who taught you about computers. Did you ever think that you are not the only one in our family who is good at it?"

"Oh."

"And before all that, I did some stalking..."

Edward raised his eyebrow.

"Okay, a lot of stalking...so, Mom and Dad also knew what was happening with your life."

"Hmmm...so that's why Mom said they looked after me even when I was away."

"Yes. Don't be mad. You're good at what you do but...your first app? It was Dad who told the buyer about it. He didn't do anything else. Just put your app out there."

"Anything else I should know about?" Edward was silent. 

"I don't think...Oh, Mom wants you to marry Marydale. ASAP. Just a heads up." Ethan answered Edward's question then looked at me and said, 

"She will talk to your parents, Marydale. So that they'll know that they got the wrong brother for you."

After that, Ethan left us alone. We were shocked with the revelations. We were silent for a minute and then Edward burst out laughing.

"Anong nakakatawa?" I asked him.

"Everything! You know...I really want to take you out on a date. 5-star restaurant, suit and gown, the works. But..."

"But what?"

"Everytime I asked you the question or planned to ask you, something always came up. Now, I'm really thinking what kind of interruption we will get if I ask you out on a date tonight. I already made the reservation at the restaurant, you know."

"Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, I'll marry you."

"Really? Thank God! Finally!"

"Yes. But first..."

"What?"

"Can I see my ring?"