Chapter 10

"Marydale, anak, are you feeling okay now?" I heard my mom's voice. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the room.

"Ma, what happened? Where am I?" I asked my mom. Her face was full of worry.

"Just rest, Marydale. If you're worried about the auction, it could wait. Dr. Madrid checked you already. You're just under a lot of stress lately and the training. Maybe you should go on a vacation? Just for a few months. Sabi ni Dr. Madrid no stress muna, so Papa decided to stop your training, for now."

"Mama..."

"Please anak. Papa almost had a heart attack when he saw you on the stage."

"Okay, I'll do it. Pero yung nanalo sa auction?"

"Don't worry. We refunded him already. Just look at the charity donation as tax write off."

"So, hindi si Ethan ang nanalo?"

"I'm sorry, anak. Ambilis ng pangyayari eh. He wanted to win the bid for you."

"It's okay, Mama. Sige, I want to sleep for now."

"Okay, anak. If you need anything, just call Manang or Jim. They're staying here with you in the suite.

So, I'm still at the hotel. I feel so tired. Later ko na lang tawagan si Ethan.

-------------------

"Hello, little brother."

I stopped pacing around the ballroom and turned to face my brother.

"It's you. I'm competing with my own brother for the same woman." I shook my head in disbelief.

"Marydale and I just met yesterday. How about you?"

"Date went wrong. It's a long story but still, I won't tell you the details. I swear I looked for her after but she disappeared on me."

"Your loss, my gain."

"Are you telling me to back off?"

"No. But I'm telling you I will do everything in my power to get the girl. Heads up, she'll be staying with us in Germany. Her parents want her to rest and be stress-free for at least a month."

"You better tell Mom to prepare my old room. I'm going back with you."

--------------------

"You're going to...what?!"

"Yes, I'm going home to Germany."

"What about the app? Edward, we're on a deadline. We need you here!"

"I can do it in Germany, whatever I'm doing in here. Besides, you're the face of our company. I'm not needed here, physically. At meron ng planes, Marco. I can fly here anytime from Germany."

"You're impossible, Edward."

"I just need to be with her for a few months...or else, I will lose her to my brother."

"What?!"

"Exactly my reaction. So, are you going to be okay when I leave?"

"Temporarily, Edward. Make sure accessible ka at all times. The app..."

"Yes, bro. Thank you. And congrats pala sa inyo ni Celine! When's the wedding?"

"Wala pang date. I'll let you know when we set the date 'coz you're my best man."

"Alright."

-----------------------

"Hi, Marydale. How are you?"

"Ethan? I'm fine. I think Mama's right. I need a vacation."

"Good. You're coming with us to Germany the moment your doctor allows you to travel."

"What?!"

"Don't worry. You'll like it there. Besides, our house is so big you won't see me if you don't want to."

"It's not that. I just don't want to impose on your family."

"Are you kidding me? My parents love you. If only they could adopt you they would. Besides, the parents talked about it already and your parents agreed."

"Okay."

"That was easy. See you soon, Marydale."