Chapter 7

Marydale slowly and nervously descended the stairs in her childhood home. It's not about the gown, or the make-up, or the hairstyle that was making her experience a semi-panic attack. It's not how she looked. She believed that her stylists and Emman did an impeccable job of making her beautiful tonight. She's anxious because she knew that her date was waiting for her downstairs.

Ang hirap pala pag super-gwapo ang ka-date. Di ako sanay na mas maganda pa sakin ang lalaki. Oo maganda dahil sa sobrang gwapo nya! Di kami match.

Ayan, umandar na naman insecurities mo. Mayaman din si Ethan. Like you. Gwapo si Ethan, maganda ka. Saka nagustuhan ka nya di dahil sa pera ng pamilya mo.

Nagustuhan ka dyan? Date lang gusto agad?! Ambilis naman.

Marydale, focus! Mamaya baka madapa ka dyan sayang effort sa pag-aayos sa'yo.

Marydale finally quieted down her thoughts. She took a deep breath and told herself to just be confident. Fake it till you make it.

Ethan was smiling when Marydale reached the landing. She returned his smile and said, "Hi, Ethan. Sorry to keep you waiting."

"I dont mind. You're worth the wait." Ethan said and winked at her. "Shall we?"

"Aren't we going to the gala with my parents?"

"No. I brought my driver. My parents are riding with yours in a limo. Oh, and they're gone. They said to see us at the gala."

"Before I forget, this is yours." Ethan gave Marydale a bouquet of blue tulips, her favourite.

"Thank you. I'll just ask Manang to put these in a vase."

"Okay." Marydale went to the direction of the kitchen. A few minutes later, she said, "Let's go?"

----------

"Where are you?" Marco said over the phone.

"Still at the office. I'm not sure I'll be able to attend the gala. Masisira ang momentum ko."

"No. Get your ass in here. I just saw your family. Ayaw mo ba sila makita?"

"Gusto, but the app..."

"Will still be in the office tomorrow. You need a break."

"Okay. Okay. Be there in less than an hour. Buti na lang I have clothes in my office."

"See you, bro. Hurry up. The auction will start in an hour."

I disconnected. I went to my office to get dressed which I did in about ten minutes. Before I left, I saw an incoming email on my computer. Curiosity won over so I checked it.

___________________________________

To: EJBar@play&playstudio.com

From: yourfairygodmother@gmail.com

Yam is one of the ladies to be auctioned in the gala. You better not be late...

___________________________________

What the f*ck?!