Chapter 15

I am torn between wanting to kiss him and being my pakipot self. 

"One." Jusko, Hindi siya nagbibiro!

"Two." Yes? No?

"Three!" 

And before he can kiss me, I open my eyes and push him. He falls down to the floor.

"Ouch! Yam, that hurts! You're so skinny but I didn't know you're that strong." He says while lying on the floor beside my bed. He is caressing his butt.

"Hoy, it's your fault! Ambilis mo naman kase. We haven't gone on a date, may kiss agad. Not just a kiss. You're talking about french kissing. Hmp!"

"That was a joke!" He explains.

"But your lips were seconds away from touching my lips! Besides, jokes are half meant." I counter.

"Okay, okay. Next time I won't give you a warning. I'll just do it. Better prepare yourself." He laughs at his own joke.

Very funny. Ha. Ha.

"Help me up, please."

"Okay. Okay. Wait lang."

I go to his side and extend my hand.

"Give me your hand. On three, okay?"

"One."

"Two."

"Three!"

He pulls me down and I fall on top of him.

"This is better. And the view is verrrry nice."

I look at myself and remember that with my robe open, EJ can see my bathing suit. I cover his eyes with my hand.

"Hoy, bawal and tingin dyan!"

He twists his body and now he is on top. His hands are cradling my head.

"This is more like it."

"Sir Edward, breakfast." One of the staff is knocking on the door.

"I am not finished with you yet." Edward says to me. Chill and excitement run through my body. Half excited and half afraid with that promise.

He pulls himself up and helps me to stand up. I fix my robe and return to my bed. I pull the blanket, get in and cover myself up to my chest.

He walks towards the door and opens it. He says his thanks to the staff as he receives the tray. He settles the tray on the bed side table.

"I asked for bowl of soup for you." EJ hands me the soup. "Be careful. It's still hot."

"Thank you EJ. Kain ka na rin."

"I will."

"By the way, why do you keep calling me Yam? I know that you knew my real name already."

"Because I know that I'm the only one that gets to call you that and I like Yam better."

"Is EJ you're real name?"

"My name is Edward John Barber. My parents call me Edward. Only Ethan calls me EJ."

"I see."

"Let's talk about the elephant in the room. Are you embarrassed with our deal that you disappeared on me?"

"Not really...ummm...yes?"

"I couldn't find you."

"Oh, I had help."

"Hmmm...and that help, by any chance, the one who told me that you were at the gala?"

"Talaga?! Someone told you about that?"

"Yeah."

"No. That wasn't m-...errr...the one who helped me."

 Muntik na kong madulas dun ah. It's my deepest, darkest secret. No one knows about it but me. And I intend for it to stay that way.

"What about my brother?"

" Ethan? What about him?"

"Are you the two of you dating?"

"He's just a friend. Besides he is not courting me."

"Thank God!"

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. Anyway, do you have any plans for your vacation? Places to go and see?"

"I want to visit Paris again and...I don't know. What are the places to go to in Germany?"

"Do you want me to be your tour guide?"

"Sure, why not?" We smile at each other.

"Eat some more of that. Do you want to eat anything else?"

"No."

"Oh, good. You're up. Are you okay now?" Ethan suddenly walks in. The door is already open.

"I think so. I just need some more time to rest."

"Yeah, I can see that. Oh, I need to go away for a week but I promise when I get back, we'll visit Paris."

"Ummm...EJ kinda volunteered to be my tour guide already. So, it's okay. You don't have to rush whatever you need to do in my behalf."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Alright. I'm gonna leave you two alone." EJ raises his eyebrow. "I have to pack. EJ, make sure she rests."

"Don't worry, Ethan. I'll take care of Yam."

"Who's Yam?"

Edward points at me. Ethan just nods and leaves. We resume eating our breakfast after that.

"Is tomorrow soon enough for you to travel to Paris?"

"I think kaya ko na. Rest lang ako today."

"I'll tell Mom to send meals up in your room. Okay ba yun o do you prefer to eat with us later?"

"Dito na lang. Please tell Tita and Tito that I'm fine. And bawi ako next time."

"Don't worry. They understand. Are you done with your soup?"

"Yes."

He stands up and walks towards me. He removes the bowl from my hands and put it on the side table. Then, he holds my face and says,

"Relax...I'm just going to kiss your cheek." And he does just that.

"I'll leave you to rest. Someone will come to get these."

Okay. Kinabahan ako dun. Kala ko itutuloy na yung french kiss. Baka di ko kayanin!

He walks towards the door and before he goes, he looks at  me and says,

"Oh, don't forget... I'm going to get that kiss. French kiss." And he winks. Then, closes the door.

I'm deadt.