Chapter 17

I went down to the dining room after I left Marydale's room to talk to my parents.

"How is she?" My mom asked.

"She's fine. I told her to rest. She asked for her meals to be sent up. Oh, and we're going to Paris tomorrow. Can I use one of the penthouses of the hotel we have in Champs Elysee?"

"Are you sure she can handle the travel?" My dad asked.

"I think so. We'll see."

"Use our jet. She will be more comfortable to travel by air than car or train. Going back, I can send a car for you."

"Thanks, Dad. It's settled, then." I went back to my room and didn't leave until our flight the next day.

------------------------------------

Earlier today, we had to reschedule the flight in the afternoon. Marco called last night and I had to review the progress of the app we were working on. Hence, the delay. I didn't see Marydale until we were on our way to the airport.

We were at the penthouse waiting for our dinner to arrive. We were just lounging in the balcony while enjoying our drinks. Marydale was on her third glass of wine. I knew because I was watching her every move.

She was acting strangely. She would blush every time I would hold her hand or put my arms around her. She wouldn't look at me in the eyes. It's like she was guilty of something. Of what, I didn't know.

When she would stare at my hands, weird I know, there was this crease that would form on her forehead. She would bite her lower lip as her breath would hitch, then, she would take a big gulp of wine. Or, she would play with her earlobe with a faraway look in her eyes.

"Yam, are you okay?"

"Of course, why don't I look okay? How do I look?" 

See, guilty. If only I could read what's on your mind.

"Are you sure you're really okay?" I asked again.

"What's with the twenty questions?" She replied sharply. She leaned on her chair and closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Edward. Must be the stress."

I stood up and went behind her chair. I put my hands on her shoulders.

"What the...?" She was really jumpy today.

"Relax Yam, I'll take care of you."

"That's not what needs to be taken care of." She said very softly but I still heard what she said.

"Just close your eyes." And she did.

From my vantage point, I could see her beautiful face and also her cleavage. Now, I was the one who's tensed. I couldn't help it so I looked while massaging her shoulders. I was beginning to feel hot and bothered. I stopped and took off my coat. I also unbuttoned the top three buttons of my shirt. Still not satisfied, I took off my shirt leaving my undershirt on.

"Take it all off, why don't you?" 

"Aaaahhh!" I almost had a heart attack.

"What the f..?!" I didn't know Marydale was watching me. 

"It's hot in here. Can't you feel it? Wait here, I'll just..."

"Edward..."

The table had turned. Marydale was the one who was calm.