Chapter 25 - Ethan POV

"Noooooo!"

I was too late to reach Yam. The sudden nose dive (of the plane) meant only one thing. Our situation got worse.

"Yam, put on the mask! I have to go back."

"Go! I'm okay."

With a heavy heart, I went back to the cockpit to help the pilot. I knew I could do more good if I was in the cockpit to assist him. And time was crucial.

"Oh, sh*t!"

Good thing I went back. The pilot was unconscious. The plane's movement must have knocked him out.

I hurriedly moved and strapped the pilot to the co-pilot seat. I sat on the pilot's seat and took control of the wheel. I calculated the time left to do a successful landing. With the engine failure, I only have twenty minutes left to maneuver the plane to land on the clearing I saw a little while ago.

I had done this before, and thankfully, the experience was worth the near death experience I had. I knew I could do this even without a co-pilot.

Slowly but surely, I steered the jet towards the clearing as it glided in the air. I was half worried, half confident that all would be well. I double checked the meters and other gauges to ensure that everything was working accordingly. Well, aside from the engine failure.

I started to pray. I prayed for guidance, for our safety and for a miracle. It wasn't only my life at stake this time. Everyone's - Yam's, the pilot's and even the flight attendant's, life on the plane was in my hands.

"EJ!" Ethan woke up suddenly. He sat up and swiped away beads of perspiration that formed on his forehead despite the chilly temperature in the bedroom.

"Babe, go back to sleep!" His companion said.

"Sorry. I have to call my brother."

Ethan stood and put on a robe. He went to the dining room where he left his phone and laptop last night. He pulled an all nighter because he was reviewing the financial statements of the companies they were looking to invest in or acquire.

He looked up his brother's number on his phone and pressed the call button. He waited. EJ was not answering. He tried to call his brother again, several times in fact, but to no avail.

He remembered that they were on their way back to Germany. It was ten o'clock in the morning already so they should be halfway through their flight.

He logged on to his computer and clicked on the program to search the location of their jet. Every mode of transportation they had had a tracking device. All he had to do was enter the corresponding code and the program would tell the coordinates of that mode of transportation.

"This can't be..."

The plane was off course. He tried to call his brother again and this time he answered.

"Hello?"

"Thank God, EJ! Where are you?"

"I don't know. I just saw this clearing and tried to do an emergency landing. The jet is a little bit wrecked...well, more than a little. The engines failed."

"Don't worry. The jet is insured. How are you? Marydale? And the others?"

"We're fine."

"All right. Just stay where you are. I'll send for help, okay?"

"Thanks, bro."

After they disconnected, he called his father.

"Dad, EJ and others are fine but the jet is damaged. Engine failure. EJ made an emergency landing on a clearing somewhere west off their course."

"What?!"

"Don't worry. I just talked to EJ. They're okay but they need to be rescued. I'll send the coordinates after we hung up."

"I'll make the arrangements. Leave it to me."

"Thanks, Dad. Bye."

He went back to the bedroom to put on his clothes.

"I have to leave." He told his companion.

"Why?"

"My brother needs me. I'm going home. I'll visit as soon as I can, okay? Go back to sleep. I will let myself out."

Ethan collected his things and left.