Chapter 4

"Good afternoon, Sir."

"Good Afternoon, Jane. Can you please get me a cup of coffee? Black. And did Mr. Caballo call?"

"No, Sir. But Mr. Sanchez asked you to give him a call ASAP. And, all the documents that need your signature are on your desk."

"Thank you, Jane."

Edward just arrived at the office. His search for Yam took a little longer than he expected. But no luck, he couldn't find her as if she didn't exist.

"Knock. Knock." Marco said.

"Hey."

"So, how was your spying?"

"Nada. I spent several hours looking for a ghost."

"Wow. She's good. There is nothing you couldn't find with that spy app of yours."

"Hmp. Well, apparently, there is. I couldn't find any trace of her. She swept it clean."

"Hmmm... So, what does she looked like?"

"She's pretty with a long black hair, slanted eyes and full lips. Morena. Tall. Slim but with curves. And assertive, knows what she wants."

"Beauty and brains. You're toast, my friend."

"Obviously. But I'm not giving up my search."

"Goodluck."

"Yeah. Anyways, ano ng update sa app?"

"Encountered a few glitches with the new interface and some features we added yesterday. The team is now looking for bugs. Made-delay ang beta testing."

"It's okay. We're actually 2 months ahead of schedule so kaya yan. I'll help with the debugging later. Settle ko lang lahat ng kailangan dito sa office. Any other problems?"

"So far, so good. Magagaling ang team natin"

"Okay. So what's with the gala?"

"Oh. Do you remember the charity foundation that we help every year? They're holding a fundraising gala. Invited lahat ng sponsors nila and prospective sponsors din. So expect elites, tv and movie stars, etc."

"Huh? Do you know kung invited ang family ko?"

"Why? I thought sa Germany naka-base ang family mo."

"I heard na nagpaplano silang mag-branch out sa Pinas."

"Heard o spied?"

"Well, you know me. I keep tabs on my family."

"I don't know, actually. I could ask Celine."

"Sir, here's your coffee. Sir Marco, coffee?"

"Yes, please."

"Thanks, Jane. So, Celine. Are you two still dating? Pinagtiyagaan ka nya?"

"Bro, I'm not you. I'm not afraid of commitment."

"Just kidding. Aside from the suit, what do I have to bring?"

"Check book. I heard merong auction ng debutants or should I say very very fine ladies. I'm talking about beauty queens, heiresses, actresses. You get my drift."

"What about you?"

"Syempre sasali ako. Isa si Celine sa ia-auction. Since masquerade ball ang theme, bibigyan na nya ako ng hint kung anong number nya."

"Masquerade, huh?"

"Yep. You need a mask."

----------