Part Twenty-seven

"We know that he's been kind to you. Sean and Jacob too. That's not what we care about. This is our last question. Did he allow you to talk to your father before he died." the man said in an aggravated tone. I looked at Peter quickly but long enough to see his expression. He was showing what I needed to say. For the final time, I shook my head. The masked man standing beside Peter brought the stick up ready to strike. Before coming down, he dropped the stick and drove his fist into the back of Peter's head. The blow was enough to knock him out cold.

Seeing Peter lay on the ground brought more tears to my eyes. The masked man that stood behind me the whole time put the blindfold back over my eyes. He also removed the cloth from my mouth. The man then forced me out of the chair and started walking. I heard other footsteps faintly behind as I was being brought back to my room.

I was pushed in through the door after having my blindfold taken off. Before the door closed, the two other masked men came in dragging Peter with them. After they dropped him on the floor, they quickly shut the door. I raced over to Peter. He was still unconscious. With all my strength, I dragged Peter over to the mattress and rolled him on. Sean, with his medical supplies, quickly raced in with Jacob slightly trailing behind.